How do you get motivated THE 2ND ROUND???

Discussion in 'About Success, Motivation & Goal Setting' started by lavatrance, Nov 19, 2016.

1. lavatrance

lavatrance New Member

to keep this breif....

I had success in my 20's and 30's. Then as things go things failed by a series of bad decisions and outside threats.

So now I'm starting over. I'm in my 40's now. trying to find motivation and trying to rebuild better the second round. I think I have a good chance at it knowing that I've done it before. But a lot has changed over the last 15 years or so.

So it's hard to keep motivated. It' hard to find the reasons, emotions and desire to want to become successful again.

So one thing I did is I found this forum. Which I'm hoping will help me. And I'm working on a few ideas which I think might work out.

So what else can I do to try and motivate myself to bounce back again???? PLEASE TELL ME????

2. Jag Singh

Jag Singh New Member

Time may have passed, but you still have a desire to change things around, and that isalways a good start. You might have tried and failed, but the question that you need to ask yourself is why did you want to do it in the first place? Making bad decisions and failing is all part of the success process. Every great man or woman who has contributed towards the betterment of mankind in any way or form failed many times before they finally achieved their success. Keep going, no matter what happens, you can succeed!

@jagsingh_ican
    jagsingh70@btinternet.com

3. Jake Studebaker

Jake Studebaker A life worth living

A great book to read is Start. It is by Jon Acuff and it addresses the exact dilemma you are facing. I usually don't like recommending this book to people because it is targeted to an audience much older than I. However, you are in that target audience and I really suggest you look into it.

I hope this helps!!

4. Michael W

Michael W New Member

As Jag said, you need to find your "why" to what you are doing.

What is your passion? What gets you out of bed every morning? Once you become passionate about what you are doing, then staying motivated will be easier.

If you are really not sure that what you want to do is your true passion, I would suggest that you take some quiet time away from all distractions, find a comfortable chair and with a pen and paper, not a computer, start to just mind-storm your ideas about yourself. Write down what you are good at and what you like to do. Don't worry about if they are possible, just write. Once you have finished, it could be 30 minutes it could be 2 hours, put the paper away for a couple of hours or even better for a day. When you look at what you wrote, hopefully there will be some matches between the two columns. Now you can say that is what I want to do and then you can start focusing on methods of how you can accomplish the work.

This should be your passion and you should be able to stay motivated enough to get it to be a success.

Jag Singh likes this.
  5. Jag Singh

Jag Singh New Member

Great method Michael,

Once we truly begin to ask ourselves the correct questions, we will get the right answers -