20 Relationship must know: here is #1

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by adpham1, Apr 4, 2014.

1. adpham1

adpham1 New Member

People who knows me always ask me: " How did I you go from being depressed and alone to a happy woman with a wonderful family?"

#1 very cliche, but it is the number one thing I did that saved me from yet another breakup - BE YOURSELF!

IT might sound silly, but there is a lot of women who are not themselves since they are afraid they might be rejected whether this is the first date or first meeting or first relationship....

The truth is, eventually you will show your true color to your potential partner, and if you were not yourself right from the start... guess what?

Yes, he could leave you because the true you was not the person he liked from the beginning.

Enjoy and be Happy!

2. KKPDX

KKPDX Feeling Grateful Everyday

I agree! If they don't love you for who you REALLY are, then it will never work. Infact, my husband knew I was the one because he could totally be himself with me. :)

3. Motiv8Dream

Motiv8Dream New Member

Very True! My husband wasn't completely true to himself when we were dating. He appeared to take an interest in things I liked in order to impress me. I suppose I did the samething as well in some areas. Which worked as we were married within 9 months of our first date. (We had also known each other from high school.)

It became a problem in our marriage when he no longer wanted to do the things that I enjoyed because he simply didn't enjoy them. It was a rough patched that we worked through and compromised on. But....it could have been avoided had we both been ourselves from the beginning.

Would it have changed the fact that I married him....no....he is definitely my one. Fortunately, we are both committed and willing to work through anything. And I mean anything.

4. mysuccess

mysuccess Member

I agree with people need to be YOURSELF

And people need to be appreciate and grateful what people have in relationship.

Relationship like everything else, like yourself, if it not to build up, it will be lose, always efforts make it better include emotion and material.