Having no regrets vs. Living with regrets

Discussion in 'About Success, Motivation & Goal Setting' started by Walter27, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Walter27

Walter27 New Member

“Here’s the thing: If we have goals, dreams, and we want to do our best, and if we love people and don't want to hurt them or lose them… we should feel pain when things go wrong. The point isn't to live without any regrets, the point is to not hate ourselves for having them…

…regret doesn't remind us that we did badly, it reminds us that we know we can do better.”

I recently watched this Ted Talk about regret: https://www.ted.com/talks/kathryn_schulz_don_t_regret_regret . I’ve recently made it a point to do all of the things I want to do, with not regrets, but this video is all about living with regrets.

I found this perspective rather interesting because when I think of regret my mind automatically jumps to things I should do, not things I’ve done. On the other hand, I’m sure there are people whose minds work the exact opposite of me on this topic.

Either way, I just wanted to share this video as an encouragement to anyone who is living with regret. If you're living with regret I recommend you check this out… it provides awesome insight on how to live, cope and ultimately grow with regret.

Thoughts?