Health Goals

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health and Wellness' started by KKPDX, Nov 20, 2012.

1. KKPDX

KKPDX Feeling Grateful Everyday

Anyone working on any health goals or would like to?

My co-workers & I have been working on health goals. Everyone is working on something to improve their health. Right now we have all set individual goals to complete
    by the end of the year. Mine is to walk 50 miles by Christmas. :xmastree3:(regardless of weather, but some days I will be hitting the gym) I haven't seriously exercised for a long time.
    I would like to start running again, but I've been having some trouble with my left knee. Working on getting it stronger! The 50 miles is a small goal to start, the next one will be bigger. You have to start somewhere!
    And the beautiful thing is.....you can BEGIN anytime. :thumb: I have to say, working towards a goal has made me much more determined & excited! I'm off to a great start. Went for an awesome 2 mile powerwalk
    tonight with my hubby. (rainy,windy, & cold!) :D He decided to join me now that he has a sit down job, not getting as much exercise.

And I'm really enjoying my phone app, "MapMyWalk." It's awesome and tracks all my info! :yippee:

Kimberly

fatiha likes this.
  2. Wanderer

Wanderer Actio infinitus

Good For you.

I started a long term goal of being down to 10% body fat by the end of next year. Hopefully sooner. It is pretty hard for me to actually lose weight as everything I do tends to put on muscle and I end up heavier than I was before, so I decided that instead of weight I'd go off body fat. But I am down 5 lbs in the last week, and have been keeping a blog in the blog section on my progress.

This has involved changing my diet radically and cutting down going out to eat, from everyday, to a couple times a month.

I won't meet my goal by the end of this year, but I'll be a lot farther a long.

fatiha likes this.
  3. KKPDX

That's awesome Wanderer! I will have to check out your blog. Good for you! :thumb:

Kimberly

fatiha likes this.
  4. KKPDX

So far I've walked 12.28 miles, 37.72 to go. I walked 3 miles on Thanksgiving. That was a great walk! I am about to walk 2 miles on my lunch break. Feeling amazing just with the little bit of exercise I've gotten so far! Looking forward to reaching my goal by Christmas.

Be healthy everyone! :)

Kimberly

fatiha likes this.
  5. Skya

Skya New Member

Yep, my goal is to lose 130 lbs in 1 year. I've been at it for 4 weeks and have lost 10.8 lbs so far.

Good luck on your goal! Sounds like you're well on your way. :)

fatiha likes this.
  6. Joanne1216

Joanne1216 Well-Known Member

That's fantastic Kimberly! Good for you, keep up the good work :thumb:

fatiha likes this.
  7. KKPDX

Thanks Joanne! :kiss:

fatiha likes this.
  8. KKPDX

Wow, I'm very impressed Skya! Way to go!! :thumb:

I was mainly doing this to feel better & get healthier. I've noticed I feel so much better already (amazing actually!) and have lost 2 lbs. Love it! I am going to weigh myself once a week.

I wish you the best on your weight loss journey. Feel free to keep us posted here if you want. I will be one of your cheerleaders! :cheerlead:

Kimberly

fatiha likes this.
  9. KKPDX

Going for another nice 2 mile walk again today, maybe longer. We are having some great weather here so I am taking advantage of it until I have to hit the gym. :sunshine:

Have a great day everyone! :)

fatiha likes this.
  10. Skya

Skya New Member

Yep, I can totally understand wanting to feel better. It's kind of amazing you don't know how crappy you feel until you start feeling better! Thanks for all the support! I can't wait to hear about your journey too. :)

fatiha likes this.
  11. WallFlower Blooms

WallFlower Blooms New Member

Congratulations Skya and Kimberly! You are both making fabulous progress!

fatiha likes this.
  12. KKPDX

Thanks ladies! :thumb:

13. KKPDX

I enjoyed a 1 mile walk yesterday (time issue or I would've walked longer, but better than not walking at all!) and today enjoyed a 2 mile walk on my lunch break.

So far I've walked 17.33 miles, that makes 32.67 to go! I'm absolutely loving the way I feel and excited about reaching my goal.

Good luck with your goals everyone! And thanks for the support! :)

Kimberly

14. KKPDX

15. KKPDX

Walked another 2 miles today! In the rain, I might add. :yippee: Feeling good! :D

16. WallFlower Blooms

I've seen this video before. Very inspiring!

17. WallFlower Blooms

Yay! Congratulations for sticking to it!

18. Joanne1216

Joanne1216 Well-Known Member

You're doing great Kimberly! :yippee:

fatiha likes this.
  19. KKPDX

Thank you Wallflower & Joanne! :)

20. KKPDX

Okay, so I'm almost halfway to my goal of 50 miles by Christmas. So far I've walked 24.59 miles. Woot! :DC:

I enjoyed an over 3 mile walk on Saturday and just over 2 miles on Sunday. Hubby challenged me to run up 90 stairs in our area. That was awesome! Now I want to run up & down those stairs after every walk. Dang, that's insane! :lildevil: The more hills & stairs I do, the harder I challenge myself, the better I feel! Amazing! :thumb:

And as an added bonus, I've lost 6 pounds. :yippee:

How is everyone doing with their goals?

Kimberly