How do you keep yourself motivated?

Discussion in 'About Success, Motivation & Goal Setting' started by slingingshot15, Sep 3, 2012.

1. nickgdavies

nickgdavies New Member

Excellent, one of the most inspirational TED videos I've seen.

2. Motivachen

Motivachen New Member

It is tough to stay motivated! I have been where you are, but you need a strong emotional purpose of why you are doing what you are doing. If you are working a job you hate, and staying there because of money, then you won't be motivated to wake up and work! Money is important, but having a purpose is much more motivating!

http://motivachen.blogspot.ca/

3. Debbiefreckles

Debbiefreckles New Member

Actually by writing it down you also motivate others. I remember when you did NPC, I read the thread and was so happy for you when you won. I wanted to do it too. I was motivated, I started lifting and dieting. Overall, It was actually to difficult for me because I could not get thin enough. However I started weight lifting 3-4 years ago, and you inspired me to start.

4. Rico_Suave

Rico_Suave Member

What Motivates me is competition and knowing that I have to outwork the next guy to become the best. Every night I ask myself a set of questions i have written out to make myself accountable and to make sure I am on track to become above average.

5. IamAron

IamAron New Member

I keep myself motivated firstly by reading motivational books daily, listening to some audiobook or motivation training and watching motivational videos but also by DOING and ACTING in the way I want to be. Doing and Acting in a certain way will create new thought patterns and help you shape your self image the way you want. Sometimes you have to act against what feels natural in order to become the motivated person you want to be.

6. LChang

LChang New Member

What wonderful posts! I find myself that having a plan is motivating. There are so many things (interrupting phone calls, unplanned bills, appointments, etc.) that can wreak havoc on our energy and our other priorities on a daily basis. If I take just a few minutes a day to strategize and plan what I'm about to do, it saves me time and effort later on. Even if I don't follow the plan 100%, I'll know that I had a plan to begin with and instead of feeling demoralized, I feel motivated to get the other distracting stuff out of the way and continue with my plan.

7. Sam Edge

Sam Edge New Member

This is exactly what I believe is that the very first thing we need is a plan and a process for getting to where we want to be. One of the other things the is critical is to surround ourselves with positive people that support our dreams.

8. successvibe

successvibe Administrator Staff Member

I agree with positive people, or at least not toxic people. Those who help you get to your goals and push you forward are who should be in your life, those that are contrary to that should be eliminated. That applies to friends, family, aquaintances and every person you come in contact with. Life is to short to let those people rob precious minutes of your life that could be spent achieving your goals.

9. IamAron

IamAron New Member

Unfortunately, the people who are trying to push you away from your dreams, are often the people who care about you the most. As long as you have good intention and you believe in what you're doing you just have to keep on going no matter what people tell you to do. When you feel truly good about yourself and believe in what you are doing you will automatically attract successful people into your life and lose touch the ones pulling you down. When family and friends see how hard you work and how important it is to you, they will eventually lower their guard and start supporting you.

To stay motivated it's also important to achieve goals, however small they are, everyday. Call up your friend and say you're sorry, clean up your apartment, finish painting that wall, organize your bills or whatever hinders you from having total control over your life

10. nickgdavies

nickgdavies New Member

A former Prime Minister of my country - Margaret Thatcher - was a great believer in planning. She famously once stated that you should plan your day then work your plan. She might not have been the most popular of people (especially in Northern England and Wales!), but she did have a phenomenally powerful productivity mind-set!

11. Motivateme

Motivateme New Member

The key to who you would like to become, what you would like to do and what you want to have in your physical, mental and spiritual lives consists of 3 simple steps:

First - create a mental picture of what it is that you desire (asking)

Second - visualize yourself being, doing or having what it is that you desire (believing)

Third - Act, speak and think as if what you asked for has been delivered (receiving)

No one enjoys success in anything without paying the price of commitment to achieve it. Most people are not born with the "motivation gene" already installed from the factory, batteries included and ready for use.

We have to conceive it on the inside before we will ever receive it on the outside.

12. Motivateme

Motivateme New Member

It is never easy to live with a strong sense of purpose. Yet the alternative, a life with no purpose, is even more undesirable. Whatever you sincerely desire, you have the ability to bring to life. Your dreams are yours precisely because you are the person who can make them real. Decide for yourself what is possible, and get caught up in your authentic passion for living life the way you envision. You are in this time and in this place, filled with great possibilities. So give yourself fully to living it with richness and purpose

anything is possible.jpg

13. nickgdavies

nickgdavies New Member

This reminds me so much of the BE - DO - HAVE concept. You might be familiar with it, but for those reading this who are not familiar it works along the same lines. Here's how it works:

1) BE - basically this means that you visualise yourself being whatever it is you want to be. Feel as though you already have whatever it is you are aiming for. Make this as vivid and as real as possible in your imagination so that you mind does not know what is the difference between what is real and what is imagined.

2) DO - once you have visualised your goal or desire, take action so that you start moving towards it. The process of visualising should make this step easier because you have already accepted the state you desire into your life. Even small, baby steps in the right direction should be enough to get you started on the road to your goal.

3) HAVE - once you have visualised your goal then taken the necessary action, the third logical is step is that you finally achieve the goal. It finally becomes reality - you now 'have' what you desire.

BE - DO - HAVE is a very simple method and yet a great motivation tool. In my humble opinion, it fits in excellently with what motivateme has mentioned above and is a great way of attracting fulfilment into your life when fully implemented.

14. Motivateme

Motivateme New Member

Motivation is one of my favorite subjects; there is nothing like the adrenaline rush of being super motivated to accomplish something. The word excitement comes to my mind in a major way, it's that expectation of big things coming my way.

The definition of motivation is to give reason, incentive, enthusiasm or interest that causes a specific action or a certain behavior. I remember the first place that I started to set goals for myself was in school. I found out at an early age that the main thing that motivated me was a goal. School was where I learned the correlation between goals and the definition of motivation and that those two words used together can mean success.

You can accomplish many great things in life by having a plan and being inspired.

Have a great day my friends!

15. nickgdavies

nickgdavies New Member

This sums it up nicely in one succinct line! Thank you!

16. Kevin Dass

Kevin Dass New Member

i express myself through my own blog that to keep myself motivated.
    there's no other way but protect your mind at all cost, what it takes to get there where we want to be...
    listening to music and constantly reading successful people's biography's in between can keep the fuel burning..

17. successgroov

successgroov New Member

I stay motivated by making sure that my goals are small enough to allow me to realize success along the way. If I make the goals too big, it takes too long to get there and can sometimes be a let down.

18. GoingForward

GoingForward Banned

I speak my thoughts into existence.
    I keep myself motivated by talking a lot. I'll repeat it over and over again what I need to accomplish today. If nobody is there to listen, I'll talk to myself. I'm my own best friend, I motivate myself and I push myself to achieve more.
    The thoughts that reoccur most in my head are....
    "do it"
    "let's go"
    "I'll be in dead 50 years, cmon go"
    "I can do it"
    "I'm the man"
    "what's next?"

and these thoughts just kind of reoccur in my head...

19. Kevin Dass

Kevin Dass New Member

whenever i feel demotivated - i just think one thing and that is ; those who never wake up from their sleep from the night before.
    As long im still alive, still breathing, still seeing, still hearing, still feeling - ill fight with all my might to make it happen.

God's willing, my spirit will not be dampen by naysayers.

20. Steve_Davis

Steve_Davis New Member

I follow 'Motivational Blogs' and watch clips/ videos on YouTube. Also, reading real life stories are quite uplifting for me.
    Not only this I write myself Motivational blogs as writing inspiring material makes you feel even more energised.
    Follow my blog and interact with me (stevendavisuk.com)
    Hope this helps guys

“The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.” – Steve Jobs