How do you keep yourself motivated?

Discussion in 'About Success, Motivation & Goal Setting' started by slingingshot15, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Kevin Dass

Kevin Dass New Member

No matter how many times i read this Quote, it never gets bored only better. Thanks!

2. Adonijah

Adonijah New Member

Through following the right way of what inspires you and at the same time moves you ahead,At the moment when we get to see ways of improving surely we can have ideas especially the ones that really works on us so watching some motivational video or listening to some kind of music that helps you is good enough.

3. Sooraj Singh

Sooraj Singh soorajsinghofficial.blogspot.in

4. Erica Faith

Erica Faith Member

What motivated me when I was young was the challenge of doing things that was deemed Impossible by my peers. It's not that I had a rebellious mind-set, I just kept telling myself that 'I could do more' and 'be more.'

Now, it's a bit different, I'm motivated by gratitude. I'm simply paying back good thoughts that have materialized, for the people who rely and trust in what I do, and for people whom I hold most dear.

5. I keep motivated by posting pictures of goals that I want to achieve on my dream board. And keep posting articles on my website Simple and Better Life about life teachings and motivational quotes.

6. Rishi

Rishi New Member

I need to constantly feed my brain self development material. This can be anything from random blog articles or quotes on the internet to reading a self development book. It motivates me to be a better version of myself.

7. Bo Nardin

Bo Nardin New Member

I keep my motivation by imagining all my goals the first thing I wake up.
    For the first 20 minutes I do that and just don't allow any other thought to enter my mind.
    I imagine the place I am going to live, then I imagine what I do there, how I work with the people I like.

After that I go to read some inspirational books. Most often I read The Power, The Science Of Getting Rich, As The Man Thinketh and maybe a new book I am reading that week. I really feel this makes me empowered and focused more on my vision than just small, unimportant things.

Before that, I used to woke up and thought of all the little things I have to do that day.
    Finally, I realized that this is just a way of day to day living, not very inspiring and just thinking about the problems.

I can sum up my motivational habits in 3 steps actually and this is:
    1. Reading books and watching video- tapes (in the morning, regularly)
    2. Doing sport I like (3-4 times per week)
    3. Having a person who believes in you - this is not really a habit but it's of great importance for being motivated

I wrote about that in my blog and please take a look at it:
    http://bonardin.com/2015/01/17/3-habits-to-keep-your-motivation-up/

It is now so much more rewarding doing that way!

Sunny day!-Bo

8. DefineTheGrind

DefineTheGrind New Member

Write down all the reasons "why" you want to accomplish your goal.
    If you have enough reasons, the energy and excitement from your reasons will keep you motivated.

Stop hanging out with people who don't believe in you or your dreams.
    Influence is powerful and subtle. Being around the wrong people can easily lead to discouragement and lack of motivation.

Practice until it becomes a habit.
    Create the habits of success. After practicing anything, it eventually becomes a habit. Once the habit is in place you never need motivation again, it becomes a part of who you are and you don't even question it.

Fill your mind with positive insights and information.
    Junk in, junk out. Fill your mind with ideas and concepts that help you achieve your goals. If you watch a lot of sad movies, you tend to be sad. If you tend to read success-oriented material, you are more likely to be focused, determined, and motivated.

Take baby steps.
    Start small. If you try to take too big of a bite, you end up choking. One step at a time. Smaller the steps, the easier they are to accomplish. And with every accomplishment you get a boost of self-esteem and self-confidence because you set a goal, no matter how small, and achieved it. These success will build upon each other and eventually it will become a habit and you won't need to worry about motivation.

9. Joe Dalio

Joe Dalio New Member

Like several have already mentioned, I stay motivated by reading messages from inspirational authors and watching videos, sermons, etc. I try to do this at least 30 minutes every day.

I also use visualization and hypnosis to envision life the way I want it to be. The more I do this, the more my mind starts to believe it, and I am inspired to take the necessary action I need to take. Prayer is also very helpful :)

10. Erica Faith

Erica Faith Member

Hi,

I believe that each of us has a different way of dealing with motivation. Mine I think is a lot more personal. If I have a goal, I always make it a point that I visualize it. I sometimes resort to creating some kind of physical reminder of that goal.

I also feed my mind with positive thoughts and carefully choose the people who I would allow to influence my thoughts. As you can see, I am actively engaged with my thoughts. I have conscious effort to let go of any negativity and to always believe that in everything the good always prevails.

11. Bo Nardin

Bo Nardin New Member

One of the good books which help me keep my motivation up is well-known books The Secret and The Science Of Getting Rich.
    These two books are like a shower of motivation for me. The Science Of Getting Rich is dealing with your belief system and it is not a hype like one would think from reading it's title.
    There is a review of The Science Of Getting Rich if you want to know more: http://bonardin.com/2015/01/01/the-science-of-getting-rich-a-book-that-can-change-your-life/

12. Bo Nardin

Bo Nardin New Member

13. joelrtz9

joelrtz9 New Member

If you loose your motivation in reaching your goals, try watching this short video.
    It's one of the best video I've seen in my entire life.
    Please click "like" when you're done and kindly share it to all your friends and family members. Thanks...

14. joelrtz9

joelrtz9 New Member

I always watch s video when I'm down...
    If you loose your motivation in reaching your goals, try watching this short video.
    Please click "like" when you're done and kindly share it to all your friends and family members. Thanks...

15. joelrtz9

joelrtz9 New Member

I always watch s video when I'm down...

16. Keawe

Keawe New Member

There is a new site I have been using to help me find a serious boost in motivation and helping me look for a path to find my inner success.
    Its called Own You, Be Great.

Check it out @ www.ownyoubegreat.com

17. LEdwards

LEdwards Living a Laptop Lifestyle!

I stay connected with the community I work with. They really help. Also, read great books and listen to podcasts and YouTube videos. ;)

18. Danielndukwu

Danielndukwu Sustain your Motivation

I love that, just do it. That is what a lot of people fail to understand; action begets motivation. It is not the other way around so I say kudos to you!

19. Danielndukwu

Danielndukwu Sustain your Motivation

great site there, I added it to my blogroll!

20. Lilyswanton

Lilyswanton New Member

How to Stay Motivated. Personal motivation is key to maintaining almost all aspects of life.Through this learning process of motivating myself to follow through with longer-view goals, I've come up with a few steps that have really helped me to stay.It is hardly a secret that the key to successfully accomplishing one goal after another is staying motivated.Below, from the career experts at the Middle East's #1 job site Bayt.com, are 7 methods to stay motivated at work and enhance performance.Looking for some weight-loss motivation? Follow these 13 tips to stay motivated to slim down, eat healthy, burn fat, and, ultimately, find your perfect body weight.

Property Management