How to be more accepting of other religions

Discussion in 'Spirituality & Philosophy' started by mleighp1, Dec 27, 2008.

1. seekperfection

seekperfection Focused on success

2. seekperfection

I have a cable connection, so only a T1 connection could be faster than what I have. The game is Star Wars Galaxies and I'm getting the entire thing from the net for a free 14 day trial. The file size is 2.7 GB. I think that the site's server is where the bottleneck is located.

3. Batman

Batman Dark Knight

Can you imagine a cord somewhere at the cable company has a kink in it and its slowing down your info :biglaugh:

4. seekperfection

I was thinking that their servers must be connected to the internet with ketchup bottles.

5. Chuck D

Chuck D BOZO

Has Seek discovered BroadBand yet?

6. Jennihul

Jennihul B excellent 2 each other!

It's sad we have to punish people because of overly sensitive wussy faces.

Jennifer

7. Batman

Batman Dark Knight

How are you being punished?

8. Jennihul

Hee hee...ask me tomorrow.

My loss of freedom of expression is major to me.

Jennifer

9. Batman

Batman Dark Knight

So express yourself - just be nice.

You are majorly intelligent and have self control I am sure that won't be a problem :hmm:

10. Jennihul

I'm always nice. Even when I disagree with other's opinions and say so. I'm sorry you don't see the real me.

Jennifer

11. Auswithspirit

Auswithspirit FIREWALKER

Jen this is the problem with the "Evil Typed Word" . People do not get to see the real you or the emotions you are typing with. Same as if yo put a post out there and you get a response that might be less than what you hoped when you read it you can read anything into it like anger, shame, dissapointment etc ...when the point they were trying to convey might be the exact opposite then was begins
    It has always been the way.

12. Auswithspirit

Auswithspirit FIREWALKER

Interesting perspective but have yu lost your freedom of expression or been challenged to look at other ways of expressing it?
    To me this is an inteligent "fail safe " built in to the forum o make sure you check your post an re read it before submitting..

13. Batman

Batman Dark Knight

:hmm: Ok I agree with you and do see the real you.
    You can still express yourself and you already nice to people. then there is effectively no change for you

14. Go-Getter-Girl

Go-Getter-Girl New Member

I also agree with Jen that some people are just way, way too sensitive…. and need to advance themselves from “Little Children” to “Grownups”….yes….Toughen up a little…. Just like in the real world…. not everyone will agree with you!!

Stop being so overly sensitive with everyone that does not agree with you…. This is what a forum is all about…. Different views and different opinions being expressed openly and freely…. It keeps it interesting.

My view on life is that offense can only be taken if you choose to be offended. I choose not to be.

This is an “Open Forum” and you have to be able to handle whatever anyone throws at you…. Otherwise if you are too sensitive…. One would be better off not to participate at all.

Like SVL, I also love the debates and they are interesting and add value when they stay as debates.

The problem is certain people lack the debating skills and just argue, fight and insult.
    Unfortunately, these people need to learn the difference between debating and arguing.
    There is a big, big difference!
    For these people,…..The key is to use TACT…. and not to throw insults.

The BIG QUESTION IS…… What to do with the people that lack debating and communication skills??

My hope is that they will learn and improve. Personally, I would NOT like to see any of these people banned. My hope is for them to stay and grow and work on their debating and communication skills. After all, we are supposed to be about “Growth & Success”…. from the weakest one to the strongest one.

Cheers!!! :cheers:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  15. Batman

Batman Dark Knight

well said 3gs

16. Jennihul

I'm aware and you are aware...why is it difficult to be aware of that?

Jennifer

17. Jennihul

I think the problem with this forum is that people that freely express their viewpoint, some of which are extremely controversial and inflammatory, and receive a counterpoint immediately call foul. Or slam their fist down on the "Personal Attack" button. But if I express my viewpoint first, and they counter, it's fair to them. Why, because I don't own a "Personal Attack" button.

I guess it's all about who gets their post down first. And seemingly who whines the loudest.

How can one person be allowed to spew opinions of all manners and yet others are considered disruptive if they do as well?

Who made that freaky rule up? The whiners.

Jennifer

18. Jennihul

Thanks, GGG. It's nice to feel a little love around here.

Jennifer

19. Go-Getter-Girl

Go-Getter-Girl New Member

Thanks Bats! :)

You are welcome……… :)
    Just trying to keep this place “Interesting” without too many stifling rules. :thumb:

One more thought…….. ;)
    Let’s all put on our “Big Boy” and “Big Girl” pants before we enter the playground!!! :D
    And leave the pacifiers at home!!! :biglaugh:

LOL!! LOL!! LOL!!

20. Jennihul

It's only lately gotten interesting for the first time all year. That is the damn truth.

Sadly, overreactors have quashed what could have been lively, inspired or even inspirational debates.

Extreme viewpoints spawn extreme emotions. But that doesn't mean the topics aren't worthy or timely. It doesn't mean they should be forbidden and it certainly doesn't mean the topics are dangerous or damaging to your forum. It means buckle up and pull down the shoulder bar, hope you didn't just stuff yourself with fried dough, someone just started talking "Christian" or "abortion" or "politics." This is the domain of the big boy rollercoasters. If you are queasy or easy to upset, stay off the big boy rollercoasters. If you can't stand to take a slam to the left or a slam to the right, stay off the rollercoasters. If a spiral loop makes you question your sanity, purpose in life and causes you to snatch up your toys and stomp home, stay off the rollercoasters.

If you are even remotely tempted to slam your fist onto the "personal attack" button, you failed the "You must be this tall to ride" test.

Stay home where it is safe.

Jennifer