I went to church today....

Discussion in 'Spirituality & Philosophy' started by Chuck D, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Chuck D

Chuck D BOZO

.....and found it quite interesting, and a "nice" experience.

My mates baby was being christened, and there was much of what I recalled from Sunday School as a kid.

I got a bit bored though, and started reading the Bible, and was interested to discover that Adam lived to 930 years old.

Its stuff like that which stops me really believing I think.

Anyone explain how he got so old?

2. Joanne1216

Joanne1216 Well-Known Member

Did Adam really live to be 930 years old?

Adam, the first man, could have lived forever (Genesis 3:22). But he sinned by disobeying God and brought death upon himself and all humankind.

However, when God created Adam it was before modern diseases had taken hold, so Adam didn't have the harmful health problems we have today (mutant genes, illnesses, and so on).

In fact, all the early people lived long lives, with Methuselah living longer than Adam (969 years).

Life spans gradually decreased as illnesses and mutations accumulated, until they reached today's average of about 70 years.

Another reason for such good health at that time may have been that the whole world's temperature seems to have been sub-tropical to temperate. There is evidence of this because even under the ice in Antarctica and Alaska lush forests and warm-climate trees are known to have once grown.

Adam's 930 years were real years, not just months as some suggest. If they were months, then Mahalaleel, who in Genesis 5:15 had his first son at 65 years, and Enoch, who became the father of Methuselah also at 65 years (Genesis 5:21), would have been fathers when they were only five years old!

It's all a matter of what you really choose to believe Chuck.

3. KH Rising

KH Rising Well-Known Member

Mate, that's like saying you had a headache so you started stabbing your eye with a pen.

As for the age thing, some people would tell you it's just a story and the age isn't meant to be taken literally. As for the people who take his age seriously, well you can think of them what you want.

Reading about bible mythology can be very interesting, young Chuck. Watch theologian Robert Beckford's shows. They're very interesting. You know, the black guy in a dog collar on Channel 4.

4. Batman

Batman Dark Knight

Chuck

consider the scientific reason for it as well

if the flood occurred (big if for a non-believer) then the earths atmosphere would have been much different for humans pre-noah

look it up, its actually fascinating stuff ( :batman: <-- engineer so I think its fascinating... )

5. Chuck D

Chuck D BOZO

I actually LOL'd at that!

I will keep an eye out for Mr Beckford.

6. KKPDX

KKPDX Feeling Grateful Everyday

That was nice of you to go Chuck. :)

Kimberly

7. Scooter

Scooter Na Koa Ali'i

He ran Barefoot

8. saf1

saf1 New Member

I think if one can totally believe that there is a god, and that this god created the universe and everything in it, then what would the problem be believing that this same god could give someone a long life? The same way He gave them life in the first place.

In the quran, we have 99 names for god, each name is an attribute to god and one of them is the infinite, another is the most powerful. I believe in the quran and god very strongly,and I believe in his attributes, so I don't have any problem believing that god is capable of anything.

9. Batman

Batman Dark Knight

Amen! :thumb:

10. Chuck D

Chuck D BOZO

Hmm, thats an interesting idea Saf.

11. MantaRayz

MantaRayz YoUniversally Aligned

in 325AD, at the behest of the Emperor Constantine, the Council of Nicaea was convened to unify and simplify (and radically alter) the MANY differences that existed amongst the many churches teachings and understandings. Constantine wanted to establish One Church to operate under his rule, and Nicaea was the event this rewrite would take place.

During the oft-times heated discussions, one of the scribes wrote "dog" and "god" interchangeably as he transcribed the animated conversations taking place. From that point on, many of theologians continuing studies were based on and referenced to dog years as well as gods raey.
    930 / 7 = 132, an age a pristine vital human body is designed to attain.
    :yup:

Most people do not realize that prior to the first major Council session in 325AD, it was decided a single set of documents and tenets and teachings were required to create a centralized Church, under the authorization (and control) of the Emperor. Those 300ish Church Leaders chosen to attend the council sessions at Nicaea were to decide which books and documents would become the foundation of the state-sponsored Christian Church.
    They were tasked to rewrite many passages and even entire books, to better coincide with what and how the Emperor wanted the Church Leaders of the time to teach. The early Church leaders used materials and teachings THEY decided to use, and the new Emperor looked to consolidate power to be more under his control and authority. It's been guesstimated there were more than 600 Books, Psalms, Documents etc used by the early leaders.

Between 325AD and the mid-500sAD, in addition to extensive rewrites and edits of many of the books that would eventually become The Holy Bible, over 500 Books were eliminated from consideration, for various reasons, most notably, they created large inconsistencies with what the church wanted to teach, vs what was historically, factually, humanely and spiritually accurate.

12. Henk

Henk Banned

Take for instance the book ...The Childhood of Jesus....written by Jesus His brother James
    This was a great book in that time but.....The art of printing books did not exist then.
    So every copy was hand written.
    Some of them were translations in other languages than the original.
    Not every translator was a qualified translator.....so there were made mistakes upon mistakes.
    In the fourth century they decided that the different translations were not reliable any more.
    So the book disappeared. Nowadays you can find here and there fragments of the book.
    But Almighty God had decided to give the book back to humanity for its is a most costly gospel.
    He found a man who was capable to do that.....and that man was Jacob Lorber.
    I found the book translated in English on the internet .
    It is indeed a great gospel....

13. MantaRayz

MantaRayz YoUniversally Aligned

Then why don't you copy'n'paste from Lorbers works, instead of the fire and brimstone you so often choose to extol?

Most of what you paste here is devoid of Love and Compassion. Instead, you seem overly focused on texts calling for revenge and retribution. Those are not the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ.

14. SVLurker

SVLurker Well-Known Member

:whs:​

Attached Files:

• 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      5.1 KB
      Views:
  15. Henk

Henk Banned

This was deleted from the website this morning....and now is it back....
    from the book....the childhood of Jesus

I just gave Almighty God an opportunity to post something for your own benefit.
    I am nothing special....God is inside all of us...no one is excluded.
    God does only express Himself through prophets as He always did in the past.
    So take your benefit and try to understand that there is nothing in the world that is
    not owned by Him.
    When we join Him in spirit through the real understanding of the real kind of LOVE
    that is His LOVE...we will inherit all that He owns.....and that is a lot.
    Here a chapter from the book ...The Childhood of Jesus....and you will understand who He is.

- Chapter 203 -
    The Difference Between A Mask And Prudence
    1 THEREUPON JOSEPH called the little Child over to himself and said to Him,
    2 'I would like to be heard now! But what I have to say I do not say because of You, but because of those who are here.
    3 For I know that You always discern my most secret thoughts, so I do not need to say anything to You; but I will say it to You so those who are here may know what is in my heart.
    4 Now it is true that we were often as if indifferent toward You outwardly -
    5 but this indifference was only a mask of our inward love and respect for You, so You would not become known to the cruel world.
    6 Who indeed knows the world better than You? Therefore no one but You will better realize that our up-to-now outward conduct toward You had to be thus so we could feel certain that we would not betray You.
    7 Therefore I ask You to forgive us in those instances when our hearts seemed to be cold, but which nonetheless always glowed like the rosy dawn when we beheld You.
    8 And be assured that in the future we will also conduct ourselves toward You before others as our inward urge will tell us to do.'
    9 After thus being spoken to, the little Child replied: 'Joseph, you have spoken truly - but there still is a great difference between a mask and prudence.
    10 A mask makes the heart cold - but prudence warms it.
    11 Why then a mask, when prudence is sufficient? Why a pretense, when one's natural wisdom offers a thousand protective measures?
    12 'Am I not the Lord whom the whole endless creation must obey at a nod because it is nothing other than a thought firmly held in My mind and exists as a spoken word from My mouth?
    13 And since I am the sole and only true Lord, how then should the masking of your heart be more effective toward My protection from the world than a whole world filled with My eternal power?
    14 Behold, one breath from My mouth - and the entire visible creation ceases to exist!
    15 'Do you then suppose I have need of a mask over your feelings to protect Myself and you from the persecutions of the world?
    16 Oh no, of that I have no need! For I do not keep Myself hidden from the world because I fear it,
    17 but only to avoid a judgment which would befall the world if it recognized Me in its iniquity.
    18 Hence all of you should indeed be prudent in the future so you will not bring a judgment on the world -
    19 but do not approach Me with a mask, which even in its best form is an offspring of hell.
    20 And you, Mary, return to your first love, or you will have much sorrow to endure someday because you now treat Me coldly by masking your heart for the sake of the world!'
    21 This word broke Mary's heart, and she seized the little Child with all the power of her love and pressed Him to her heart and caressed Him with the greatest ardor of her motherly love.

16. Henk

Henk Banned

This one was also deleted this morning .

- Chapter 297 -
    Three Miracles Of Jesus In His Eleventh Year
    1 HENCEFORTH the Boy Jesus remained at home, conducted Himself quietly, was obedient and performed small tasks.
    2 He did nothing miraculous for a whole year - or until His eleventh year.
    3 And in His eleventh year He again worked three considerable wonders, which are briefly told as follows.
    4 In the spring Joseph's supply of firewood ran out,
    5 and since James and Jesus had the most time to spare, he sent them into a nearby wood to gather brushwood,
    6 whereupon both went into the wood and busily fulfilled Joseph's wish.
    7 On this occasion James was very active indeed and little remained for Jesus to gather as James anticipated Him everywhere.
    8 And amid such zeal it happened that James reached toward some thick brushwood, beneath which lay a poisonous adder.
    9 The adder bit James in the hand, and he fell over from shock and fright. His hand suddenly swelled up, he arched his back and signs of death appeared.
    10 At this Jesus sprang over, blew into the wound, and James was immediately restored.
    11 Thereupon the adder swelled up horribly and burst.
    12 Following this Jesus said to James, 'Take your time! Remember that death lies in all worldly labor if it is followed too zealously!
    13 For it is better to be lazy for the world but all the more eager for the spirit at every opportunity.
    14 And therefore those too zealous for the world shall always find the death of their souls in their eagerness for worldly things!
    15 'For I shall seek out the idlers in worldly matters and take them into My service forever; and to those who have worked only one hour of the day, I shall give the same wages as to those who have worked most industriously the whole day through.
    16 Fortunate is every idler for this world; but woe to everyone who is zealous for the world! The first will be My friend - and the second My enemy!'
    17 James remembered these words and lived according to them, and did not take it to heart when he was sometimes called an idler and a loafer;
    18 for from then on he was occupied all the more industriously in his heart and made an infinitely great gain thereby. -
    19 Two days after this a neighbor woman, a widow, lost her only small son, and she wept greatly.
    20 At this Jesus with His James also went there to see the dead boy.
    21 But when He saw the violently weeping widow He had compassion with her, seized the dead boy by the hand and called out,
    22 'Kephas! I tell you: arise, and never sadden your mother's heart!' - And the boy suddenly arose and smilingly greeted all those present.
    23 At this the widow was greatly amazed, and she asked, 'Oh, just who is this Son of Joseph, that He is able to raise the dead with one word? Is He a God or an angel?'
    24 Here Jesus said to the widow, 'Ask no more, but give Kephas milk, so he will become completely well.'
    25 And the widow promptly went and brought the boy warmed-up milk.
    26 Thereupon all those present wanted to worship Jesus, but He hastened away, met other children and played with them in a very wise manner. -
    27 And as He was thus playing, one of several carpenters from Nazareth who were repairing a nearby house fell down from it, broke his neck and was dead on the spot.
    28 At this a crowd of people promptly gathered and pitied the unfortunate one, and there was a great commotion.
    29 When Jesus heard this, He also went over with James, pushed His way over to the dead man and called to him,
    30 'Mallas! I tell you: stand up again and do your work! But nail your laths on better, or you will fall once more.
    31 It does not matter how much you have worked, but how you have worked. For death is always inherent in envy!'
    32 Thereupon Jesus went away quickly, and the man who was dead arose in good health and continued to work as ably as if nothing had happened to him. And he kept the words of Jesus in his heart.
    33 These three wonders followed one another within a short period of time, and all the neighbors wanted to worship Jesus therefor.
    34 But Jesus forbade them this and did not appear in the village for several weeks ...
    35 These three miracles were well remembered and were much discussed in Joseph's house.

franky1.com

17. sarahgop

sarahgop Active Member

i always enjoy reading of these miracles.

18. Jag Singh

Jag Singh New Member