Improved Mobile Support 5-8-2014

Discussion in 'Announcements | Suggestions | Help | Bug Report |' started by successvibe, May 8, 2014.

1. successvibe

successvibe Administrator Staff Member

I wanted to let everyone know that over the last few days I have made some improvements to the mobile support on the site.

If you have never noticed before, in the bottom let hand corner of the page is an area that will let you select the template you use to view the site. One of these templates is the mobile template. It have been a little slow so it was often easier to use the Forum Runner app if you wanted to access the forum from your tablet or phone. But after these changes you should now be taken directly to the mobile template when you visit the site from a mobile device.

It is working great on android but I don't have any way to test it on apple products so if someone tries it out please let me know how it works.

Over all the site should be faster to load now. Guest users will see ads in a few extra places, registered users will only see a couple, they are slightly bigger than before but actually load faster than the old ones.

We will still be tinkering with the site over the next few months, one of the biggest changes is the addition of the new Success and Motivation Quotes section. Right now this is still in development, but you will see the Tab up at the top of the screen. We will also be working on the articles section with the plan of starting to add content to that area in the near future.

If anyone has any suggestions or feedback it is always appreciated even if we aren't able to always make the great ideas people have a reality.