Let's discuss. Planning your day vs. living spontaneously?

Discussion in 'About Success, Motivation & Goal Setting' started by a1d4n_19, Dec 22, 2017.

1. a1d4n_19

a1d4n_19 New Member

I am wondering what the best approach to living life is to succeed in the areas important to us: Happiness, heath, relationships, financial abundance, hobbies or skills, etc.

So I thought planning my day would be a good idea, right?

I mean, instead of spontaneously living randomly, I could set a schedule, like:

Sleep from 9pm to 7am.

7am. Wakeup. Write 10 things in my gratitude journal. Shower. Eat breakfast. [Specific breakfast recipe goes here.]

8am. Do financial work until 4pm.

4pm.

Piano practice for 5min.

Meditate for 30min.

Exercise for 20min.

5pm. Dinner. [Specific meal goes here.]

Social contact for 45min. [Call up family, go to a coffee shop or park, maybe drop in on a friend or neighbor for a quick chat.]

7pm.

Practice guitar for 5min.

Paint for 5min.

8pm. Read / Study [Topic - aka Gardening, Health, Financial Things, Relationships] from a book or Youtube Video for 15min.

You get the point. I can keep going with this. I am attempting to live skillfully this way, because as human beings we have limited time and energy on this Earth.

I can go even tighter and plan every hour on the hour, right down to the minute for maximum progress and maximally effective living, my point is, is it best to plan my day like this to WIN and SUCCEED in life?

Or, is it much, much better to just wake up, "do what I feel like" and just randomly live? Isn't that unwise?

Say I actually did this, sat down every day and did my habits and followed the plan like played piano for a certain amount of time, ate very specific healthy meals at certain times, actively relaxed or mediated at certain times, wouldn't I then make amazing progress and be very healthy and incredibly skilled at [piano] or whatever habit I choose ?

But, like, then I feel I am missing out on all the randomness and chaos and spontaneity that life is if I force linear time. Gasp What if a friend invites me out of Coffee and I have to break my routine? Or I have a girlfriend now and she wants to do this and that and we have to go see her family today because her dad got sick and blah blah... What if I don't feel like playing piano today? What if my sister has a baby? What if I get sick and it would be better to lay in bed all day than force myself to play piano and go to work and exercise for 20min at 3:00pm... ?

Life is this beautiful, sometimes destructive sometimes wonderfully surprising, sometimes not, chaotic .....thing, I am trying to advance quickly and effectively in these important areas, and not sure the best approach: To plan my day to progress logically, or to "go with the flow" and live incredibly spontaneously. What would work better in terms of health and life success in key important areas?

They say a ship without a rudder will never get to it's port destination, but also, there is SO MUCH we don't know and better things that can happen or do in a day.

In my age, I feel I am less flexible, but in my youth, I was VERY flexibly spontaneously random and didn't get anywhere or accomplish much in the areas that were important, so with wisdom of age I am seeing discipline habits character aka a daily plan or routine as being a more wise way to live. Where's the balance? Wtf do I do? How do I live? Thank you genius minds and amazing people.