Marriage is great!

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by spdsvp, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Joanne1216

Joanne1216 Well-Known Member

Omg, don't do it!! The hospital makes you keep them!!!! ;)

Congrats dolly!!! Keep us informed!!! :yippee:

2. KKPDX

KKPDX Feeling Grateful Everyday

ha ha So I've heard! :D

Thanks! I would like to be pregnant no later than next July. (I'm not getting any younger you know!) ;) I will keep ya'll informed. :thumb: Did you want all the details? :D lol

3. Go-Getter-Girl

Go-Getter-Girl New Member

Hey Kim!!!

Wow!!!! And Yeah!!! :yippee:

This is the best news that I have heard in a long time!!! :)

I am so extremely happy for you Kim!!! :yippee:

Yeah!!! Yeah!!! And Yeah!!! :cheerlead: :cheerlead: :cheerlead:

I can’t wait to hear the good news!!! :thumb:

May you and your husband be blessed with the family that you both desire!!! :)

You are going to make a wonderful Mother!!! :cheerlead: :cheerlead: :cheerlead:

Big Hugs! :hug:
    GGG

4. KKPDX

Thank you GGG! :)

If all goes well, there will be a little Russell or Kimberly....:yippee: How cute is that?!? :D I may be ahead of myself, but I really like the name Kaylee for a girl. (actually my husband mentioned that he liked that name first and we both love it!) Good choice hubby. :loveit: :D

5. KKPDX

Chicken! :DC:

:p

(truth be told, that's how I always felt about having kids, so I get it!) ;)

6. Stoic_Jason

Stoic_Jason Great Member

No, I've never been married. Never dreamt about it or looked forward to it. I know what the bible says about marriage, and if a saint gets married for spiritual reasons, I get that. But I'm not (a saint, or spiritual). As for getting married for traditional reasons, I'm not that kind of traditional. As a means of expressing love, it seems a silly way to do it, to me. As a commitment, what is the point of such a commitment? What you do speaks, promises mean little. As a State institution, the State can kiss my ass.

So, that's pretty much it I guess :eek:

7. Stoic_Jason

Stoic_Jason Great Member

YOUR FACE!!! :mad:
    ;)

8. Joanne1216

Joanne1216 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the long drawn out explanation... kidding!!! :D

I understand completely. I was divorced in 1993, had two opportunities to marry after that and I couldn't do it. Marriage meant living together :eek: Maybe it was the men? Who knows. I'm happy just the way my life is now. :thumb:

9. KKPDX

Well you don't have to yell, sheesh! :D

:biglaugh:

10. Go-Getter-Girl

Hey Kim,

Oh, Kaylee!!! :)
    Love it!!! :yippee:
    Perfect!!! :yippee:
    Your Hubby has great taste!! :thumb:

Triple Cheers! :cheerlead: :cheerlead: :cheerlead:
    GGG

11. KKPDX

Thanks, I think he does too! As soon as he said it, I was like "Yes!!! I love it!" :yippee: I was already thinking a "K" name would be good. Naturally! :D

12. Go-Getter-Girl

Hey Kim,

Of course your Hubby has great taste!!! :thumb:
    He chose you!!! :D

Cheers! :Wine:
    GGG

13. zekes

zekes New Member

Yes, it is one blessing for a woman and a man to be married :)

14. Porphyos

Porphyos New Member

If you're married to the right person, marriage is sure to be amazing. If you're not... it's going to be a heartache!

That said, fear of commitment is the fear of being tied to only one thing. But if it's with the right person... there shouldn't really be a problem.

15. Johnsons

Johnsons New Member

If your goal is to have a satisfying marriage with longevity, make sure you are accountable for the part you play in the relationship—good or bad. When you are in denial about your part in the relationship then you are no better than a child flinging sand at another child in a sandbox. When you take responsibility for your part in the marriage, only then will you be able to connect with your partner in a mature, intimate way...

16. Pietro51

Pietro51 New Member

Well, spdsvp it seems you're really happy though..

I think there is a lot of men that want to get married, but sometimes, they just overthing circumstances.
    A lot of men get married but not a lot of them after 4 years of relationship but in first 2 years. Women know really well how to make their man to marry her. It's crucial to know someone really well in order to spend whole life with them. And personally I think that marriage shouldnt be something that LOCKS YOU DOWN to your partner. Its just something like symbol to show you are already "taken" by someone. But when you truly love someone you might stay with her or him even by not getting married for whole life!

17. mysuccess

mysuccess Member

I like marriage, simple because I love my wife, my son, I feel happy and enjoy with them. I have where to come back everyday with they are waiting me, I love feel have something to challenge me to do to ensure for my family to be happy more, guarantee more... I mean it include my process of self improvement.

18. danicaxxo

danicaxxo New Member

Lol, I like you attitude.

19. MikeJ

MikeJ New Member

I'm not sure. I came home from work not knowing there was a restraining order against me — the lock had been changed and I was trying to get into my house. My then-wife had called the police in advance: I was arrested within minutes and charged with the felony of violating a restraining order. Okay, so my marriage wasn't doing great, but I didn't think it was that bad. I have PTSD and my depression just made everything bad for her. She had told me the separation would help our marriage. Well, months later I found out she was with her boss ( thanks to https://truthprivateinvestigators.com.au/contact/private-investigators-brisbane/ ) I hated it so much and I was helpless as she kept lying to me about it. We were together for twelve years and have three beautiful boys. I didn’t care that she cheated. I loved her and wanted her back. I was so sorry for the things I said during our depression. Yeah, I didn’t hit her, cheat or do anything that was completely bad, but I can’t blame her for not wanting to be around me at the time.