Motivate the Unmotivaed

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jeremyk, Mar 15, 2017.

1. jeremyk

jeremyk New Member

I am here for a personal enhancement project that I have started this year. This is now the time that I am finally getting serious, and making real changes. For the most part I am pushing through and seeing some results.
    While there have been some slow times, I have made sure that I am not letting myself fall back. Only going to push forward.
    So what are these goals that I have started for myself? It really started out very simply. The main goal was to loose weight, at least 50 pounds. The second which at the time was a softer less defined goal was just to increase my confidence.
    So far this year, I have gone down three pants sizes. I will not weigh myself more than once a week, so that I can see general loss, not day to day fluctuations.
    Aside from this one, it is the confidence goal that is driving me, and it is interesting the interplay that the physical has with the change in the state of mind. I have evolved the second goal into a firmer set of goals. I am learning to take charge of my life, and to build up my personal finances, and start actually working on my bucket list. There are more, but on my first post, I am trying too not be too verbose.
    The bucket list is two fold. First I've never made one before, as I never thought it would be much use, because I probably would not have a chance to do most of it. This is a tie in to my headline, I have put off doing so much as it has been hard to get myself started.
    The second part of the bucket list then is actually being able to mark off the items as I complete them. On part one, I set a goal of trying to create a list of at least 100 things, so far I am around 50. Not completed any yet, as I only just started.
    So now as I learn what I need to be motivated, I want to be able to share with people in the same boat, with similar mentalities, what is working for me so that they will have a chance too.