Questions I have about the Bible

Discussion in 'Spirituality & Philosophy' started by Batman, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Batman

Batman Dark Knight

2. Jennihul

Jennihul B excellent 2 each other!

If the chapters, contents and legitimacy of certain passages of the Bible were hand picked by the Council of Nicaea in 325AD, why do Christians still consider the Bible "The word of God" when it is clearly the word of the writers of those chapters and constructed by the Council?

Jennifer

3. Batman

Batman Dark Knight

Great question Jen... Did you listen to the Audio?

btw: did you get that from the be all end all authority of the world, Wikipedia?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  4. MidasGirl

MidasGirl New Member

Bats, are you taking psychological/theological type questions or technical type questions? This is a serious question. Personally I've read the bible back to back (its been a while though, needs a re-read), but I pretty much have an idea on all whats in there.

That said, I'd have a ton of interesting questions...........are you taking questions btw or did I assume?

5. Jennihul

I didn't listen to the audio, but I would appreciate a synopsis.

Only the paragraphs designed to assist the uninformed about what the Council of Nicaea was, was taken from Wikipedia, for convenience. Sarcasm noted.

Jennifer

shohrat shankar likes this.
  6. Chuck D

Chuck D BOZO

Tim

How did you know I was gonna read it.....

I think that Jen's question - I have no sound at the mo - is a reasonable one.

shohrat shankar likes this.
  7. Jennihul

Thank you. Reasonable-ness noted.

Jennifer

8. Batman

Batman Dark Knight

I didn't - I post that disclaimer on anything that has audio - try and head you off at the pass so to speak ;)

9. SVLurker

SVLurker Well-Known Member

Batman, I'm very curious, and promise to listen
    But not now... It's almost kick-off time for the Chargers to (hopefully) beat the Steelers.
    Just so I can plan my time, can you tell me approximately how long it is?

10. Joanne1216

Joanne1216 Well-Known Member

I listened to some of it.... I just don't get it Batty. Who is this Brett Kays and why would I listen to him?

11. Paul@Pittsburgh

Paul@Pittsburgh Moving on

Long enough that you won't have to cry watching the Steelers slaugher the chargers :D

12. SVLurker

:hmm: I'm confused
    The game just started about three minutes ago, and the score is already 7 - 0 Chargers! :D

13. Joanne1216

Joanne1216 Well-Known Member

:biglaugh: Sorry Phil

Cut it out Pauly!@#$%
    better?

14. Paul@Pittsburgh

Paul@Pittsburgh Moving on

My Faith in God is stronger than my faith in the Steelers. But there is still 55 mins to go :)

15. Batman

Batman Dark Knight

Brett Kays is my pastor

I have no idea why you would listen to him - Why would you?

16. SVLurker

Um....
    Never Mind!!!

17. Batman

Batman Dark Knight

right around 25 minutes

no need to promise its there if you would like to listen to it.

18. Batman

Batman Dark Knight

I am sure you can find one somewhere

19. Batman

Batman Dark Knight

The Audio "touches" on both. Its 25mins give or take so it doesn't get real deep. But its a good start for someone genuinely seeking to learn.

I am not a theologian - if you have real deep questions I may not have the answer, but you are more than welcome to ask. It may be better to ask in a pm though .

20. Spider

Spider Strictly business

I'd be interested to hear questions and answers in the forum. Isn't this why we have a discussion board, and a forum like Success through religion?