Quotes from your favorite authors

Discussion in 'Quotes' started by Coach Morse, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Go-Getter-Girl

Go-Getter-Girl New Member

Sometimes, I wonder if our great mistake is
    that we are so afraid of the “famine of the land”
    that, before we know it,
    we have isolated ourselves into
    the “famine of the soul” syndrome.

-- Tommy Tenney (Author, “Finding Your Way… to things that really matter")

2. RealEstateGuy

RealEstateGuy New Member

It was way too quiet on this site today. What's up with that?

3. Go-Getter-Girl

Go-Getter-Girl New Member

I cheated on my fears...
    Broke up with my doubts...
    Got engaged to my faith...
    And now I'm marrying my dreams!!!
    -- Anonymous

:thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  4. Betsemes

Betsemes Member

I have read about this before, but I don't remember where this comes from. So I'll not credit anyone for this one.

This is something I have been really learning about these last days.

If you are not happy with your life, then the first step towards being happy is accepting the very fact that you are not happy.

5. KKPDX

KKPDX Feeling Grateful Everyday

Attitude is vastly important because it presents your image to the world and is the driving force behind behavior. Your attitude influences your world and everything you do in it. It defines the energy you send out and, in turn, takes shape and color in your circumstances. If you have a positive attitude, you are more welcoming and people are drawn to you. A positive attitude opens you to the flow of life. If you are depressed, angry, and unhappy, no one wants to be around you. You literally push people and opportunities away.

The wonderful thing is that you have the freedom to choose which attitude you want to adopt. There is no perfect way; each way is unique to each individual. Knowing that you can choose how to react is especially important when unexpected problems occur. Remind yourself of techniques to keep a positive attitude. In doing so, you are guaranteed to have a happier life.

So true! :thumb:

6. spiritualbee

spiritualbee New Member

thanks for this quote, its very inspiring

7. tim_4077

tim_4077 New Member

"There is no such thing as a problem, without a gift for you in it's hands.
    You seek problems, because you need their gifts"

8. Wanderer

Wanderer Actio infinitus

It is dishonorable to die with a weapon untried.

Miyamoto Musashi - "A Book of Five Rings"

9. Skya

Skya New Member

I recently just made this my signature, because I love it and it popped into my head a few days ago.

Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

Bruce Lee

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  10. spiritualbee

spiritualbee New Member

LOVE LOVE LOVE This Quote! Thanks for posting

11. Wanderer

Wanderer Actio infinitus

“The body does not want you to do this. As you run, it tells you to stop but the mind must be strong. You always go too far for your body. You must handle the pain with strategy… It is not age; it is not diet. It is the will to succeed.” ~ Jacqueline Gareau, 1980 Boston Marathon Champ

12. Wanderer

Wanderer Actio infinitus

“The longer I live, the more I am certain that the great difference between the great and the insignificant, is energy – invincible determination – a purpose once fixed, and then death or victory.” Sir Thomas Fowell Buxton

13. sandrabee

sandrabee New Member

Hi Everyone. Just signed upto this awesome forum. Looking forward to sharing with you all and getting some great inspiration.

I love this quote I came across:

''Once you give birth to an inspired idea, mix in some belief, sprinkle on some gratitude, bake it in the oven of your mind and watch it turn to gold''- Jerry Sargeant(The Magnet & The Genie)

14. jmalecha51

jmalecha51 New Member

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

15. LaptopLife

LaptopLife New Member

Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life.
    Wayne Dyer

16. JohnnySaurr

JohnnySaurr New Member

I love this inspirational quotes from one of my favorite author that I truly adore.

17. GoingForward

GoingForward Banned

not sure who said this quote.. but it goes something like this:

"the harder you work, the luckier you get"

Hard work gets you everything. Hard work is even better than smart work. You can't work "smart" until you've worked HARD and have your fundamentals and habits down. Then you improve by working smarter.
    Hard work baby, all day, everyday.

18. Hasselstrom

Hasselstrom New Member

Dear all,

Favorite quote and something we should all think about now and then: "On your deathbed you will never wish you spent more time at the office"

Best,
    Anders Hasselstrøm
    Motivational speaker

19. Hasselstrom

Hasselstrom New Member

Dear all,

In case you are looking for quotes in the future I'd encourage you to take a look at my website and download my eBook: "1001 Quotes - By Anders Hasselstrøm". 1001 Quotes divided into 12 categories: Success, Happiness, Love, Motivational, Leadership, Inspirational, Positive, Life, Famous, Friendship, Sports and Business Quotes. You can find it on www.andershasselstrom.com

Best,
    Anders

20. Koltan

Koltan New Member

Here is a list of meaningful quotes i share with you

“Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.”
    - Les Brown

“A goal is a dream with a deadline.”
    - Napoleon Hill

“The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same.”
    - Colin R. Davis

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.”
    - Mark Twain

“Motivation is a fire from within. If someone else tries to light that fire under you, chances are it will burn very briefly.”
    - Stephen R. Covey

“Anyone can do something when they want to do it. Really successful people do things when they don’t want to do it.”
    - Dr. Phil

“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: It goes on.”
    - Robert Frost

“All misfortune is but a stepping stone to fortune.”
    - Henry David Thoreau

“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.”
    - Zig Ziglar

“Have the courage to say no. Have the courage to face the truth. Do the right thing because it is right. These are the magic keys to living your life with integrity.”
    - W. Clement Stone

“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.”
    - Mark Twain

“The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.”
    -Vince Lombardi

“In any situation, the best thing you can do is the right thing; the next best thing you can do is the wrong thing; the worst thing you can do is nothing.”
    - Theodore Roosevelt

“Self-reverence, self-knowledge, self control — these three alone lead to power.”
    - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

“I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.”
    - Thomas Jefferson

“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
    - Thomas Edison

“The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”
    - Walt Disney

“No one can cheat you out of ultimate success but yourself.”
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

“In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.”
    – Bill Cosby