1. Joanne1216

Joanne1216 Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to get the hang of this new site.... is there anyway to see the most recent posts? I know there's a 'new posts' up at the top or under 'quick links' but they only show today's posts. I feel as if I am missing things since the set up is different.

2. Skya

Skya New Member

I've found that the "new posts" link shows me more than just today's posts. Usually it shows me all the new posts since my last visit.

3. Scooter

Scooter Na Koa Ali'i

The new Posts is a good place to start but can be somewhat deceiving and unpredictable. Not sure why or if I can even put my finger on it but there is something not quite "New Posts" about it.
    The Whats new is a feed of activity that seems to be in chronological order and that tends to be one place I check often now.

4. Wanderer

Wanderer Actio infinitus

Yeah New posts I believe will show you all the posts that you have not marked as read for 10 days or so. The New Activity is as Scooter says. I'm still trying to work out the logic of those two features, I've been tempted to revert it back to the old behavior of the old forum software, but that takes modification which is fine, but can lead to an ever increasing workload as updates come up and I have to keep changing it.

5. Scooter

Scooter Na Koa Ali'i

People will get used to the new format. Change is always uncomfortable but inevitable

Like story: at work we use Sharepoint 2007, when Sharepoint 2010 came out the admins, to prevent loads of Q's, changed the interface back to 2007 losing all the functionality of the new interface. These same Admins when they install Windows 7 change the interface to look like XP. I wonder how well they manage their personal lives when change occurs.

6. Joanne1216

Joanne1216 Well-Known Member

I never even clicked on the What's New feature, thanks! It definitely shows more.

7. Wanderer

Wanderer Actio infinitus

It's one of my bigger irritations with this version, but I can live with it. There are about 5 things about this version that I would like changed, but going down that road is a never ending process. Also If we end up moving to Version 5 when it moves out of beta then it would have been wasted effort as that software looks to be quite a bit different than the 4.x family.

I am hoping they keep parallel development of 4.x and 5.