Self and life Mastery Challenge

Discussion in 'Challenge Life' started by Rico_Suave, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Rico_Suave

Rico_Suave Member

Guess who is back!

I'm taking a sort of different approach to personal development.

I'm going to be attempting to write and build a sort of manual of how I work and how life works so that I can thrive.

My philosophy is that if I now how to program myself then i can much more effectively facilitate change and get myself to do things.

SO for 2 hours everyday I will sit down at my living room table and do the research and reflection needed to develop a basic manual or understanding of how I work and what controls me and also a system for implementing it all practically.

30 days Starting Wednesday 17th

2. Alex Cordova

Alex Cordova New Member

Interesting good luck!

3. Rico_Suave

Rico_Suave Member

Thanks!

Day 1
    Spent today sorting out some mental issues. Was not really the plan but still helpful. I realize this will be difficult to do as linear, starting from scratch type thing. I am going to try and use a balance of both and maxmize situations where i cannot.

4. Alex Cordova

Alex Cordova New Member

Do you practice any meditation? Reason I ask is because I know for me its something that I have done. I don't do it regularly however whenever I have tough obstacles in front of me, I will practice meditating and controlling my thoughts. Focusing on nothing but my breathing and when I find my mind wandering off thinking that its silly or my problems start coming back in my mind. Forcefully making a conscious effort to only focus on your breathing. It is really hard to do the first several times however just with anything with enough practice it gets easier. I would definitely recommend that whenever you get a chance. It's allowed me to slow down and just focus on the moment. I'm sure you can find several books out there on meditation.
    Also listening to motivational speeches regularly helps me remind myself what I really want out of life. I would also recommend that. I wish you luck and keep at it. Like Les Brown says "It's not over until you win"

5. Jake Duran

Jake Duran New Member

STRETCH YOURSELF… by Jake Duran

To stretch or not to stretch…

I am a nerd. I not only exercise my brain, I also exercise my body. I am now a firm believer of exercising after getting the results of my annual physical exam. LOL.

…I do dragon boat three times a week.

…I also box three times a week.

…I plank for four minutes and eighteen seconds straight daily.

…I also run for 20 minutes a day.

This whole routine started about a month ago (except for planking and running which I started more than three months ago). If you would want to know if it was easy, I’ll honestly answer that it was not. It was hard starting this routine. But believe me that it is all worth it, and these activities sort of complement each other.

http://jakeduran.com/improve-your-muscle-memory-through-overload-principle/