Stress reduction can come from the strangest places

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by live4it, Jun 2, 2013.

1. live4it

live4it New Member

I love shooting guns and sometime we refer to it as "gunpowder therapy" the other day though I discovered something new. I usually don't shoot my deer rifle for recreation because its expensive to shoot and usually I can only shoot 6 times before my shoulder is done. but the other day I brought it out. I set up my target at 100 yards and sat down at the bench and got ready. This time it felt different though, maybe because I was looking for an escape from a very hectic life.
    I got into position tucked in behind the scope and got into position. With ear protection on you can't hear around you, with only 1 eye open all you can see is the view through the scope. You focus on a target about 2 inches square 100 yards away. As you aim, you control your breathing, focus!!!!. breath in, breath out, breath in and hold. focus on that target, Squeeze ever so lightly, don't move FOCUS...then BAM, but don't let the noise or movement disturb you, focus through the scope for 10 seconds more, breath, and then sit up.
    I felt so relaxed because I was able to eliminate the sounds and sights around me. The only focus or thought I had was on that tiny target so far away. I guess it's my version of Yoga. As much as I love shooting I've never got that much relaxation before.

2. dougmccoy

dougmccoy New Member

good for you live4it! everyone has their own unique way of escaping the daily stresses of life.

3. Adonijah

Adonijah New Member

Stress is like a killer according to what i have observed till the time,Its more like a way of making yourself feel empty internally and it keeps decreasing your stamina and other stuff can cause hurdles in the way of your success according to me.
    So yeah there is a way with it when we talk about growing it and taking it ahead we need to learn a lot from all the people and at the same time it works goodly.

4. Walley

Walley Member

I do not always have the opportunity to avoid stress at work and sometimes I have to work in difficult conditions. For example, a tight deadline and a large amount of work or work under the close supervision of superintendent. This prevents me from being concentrated and productive. I start taking such pills https://nootropicboost.com/buy-best-nootropic-stack/ in this situation. And then, when I do my job as best I can, I promise myself whole weekends outside the city. It helps me relax and find harmony.