What Are You Thankful For?

Discussion in 'Spirituality & Philosophy' started by Erica Faith, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Erica Faith

Erica Faith Member

You're on your way home, and it was the perfect day.

The sun is setting; It's a picturesque sight. Your life, though far from perfect, has been a thrill ride and you feel like it's only just beginning.

It's in this moment that you take it all in; the little things, the special moments, your accomplishments and struggles... You have measured your self-worth and have discovered that you are indeed, truly blessed.

What are you thankful for the most? How does your answer define who you are today?

garrettb likes this.
  2. garrettb

garrettb New Member

What a thought provoking question! I would have to say any day above ground is a great day. :)

Erica Faith likes this.
  3. Erica Faith

Erica Faith Member

I really think so too. ;)
    Could you think of a certain event that was a pivotal moment for you. Like a promotion or a discovery?

4. garrettb

garrettb New Member

Definitely. For me, my life changed when I watched Bob Proctor's seminar called, "You Were Born Rich." I was depressed and going down a path that was pretty terrible, and I thank God, came across it and decided to watch it. It literally changed my life! What was a pivotal moment for you, Erica?

Erica Faith likes this.
  5. Erica Faith

Erica Faith Member

We all have mentors that we look up to. I'm glad that that moment came to you when you needed it the most. My life has changed since as well.

It was when I had my first daughter. I guess your priorities in life change when you're touched by the smallest of hands. I decided to be more for her and that I needed all the help I can get.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  6. DefineTheGrind

DefineTheGrind New Member

The best part about focusing on what you are thankful for is that it pushes out all the negativity.
    Your mind can only focus on one thing at a time and if you are purposefully focusing on being grateful, you forget about all the things you don't have or are struggling with.
    When you are grateful, you have clearer thinking, become more creative, and are happier.
    Being thankful for everything in your life: people, events, and experiences; you attract to yourself people and circumstances that can help you get more of what you are grateful for.

Erica Faith likes this.
  7. Joe Dalio

Joe Dalio New Member

I have learned to focus on being thankful for the things I am actually trying to manifest in my life. For example, I am seeking greater financial freedom. Instead of focusing on the lack, I focus on the fact that I still live in a beautiful home and have more money than many people. I have two jobs, both of which I am not too fond of and take the time away from pursuing my dream job. However, I am thankful that I have one job, never mind two.

The reason this is so helpful is because it creates positive thoughts and feelings which increase our positive vibration. The higher the vibration, the more likely great things will happen for us. Also, we receive what we focus our thoughts on. Gratitude helps us focus on what we want and takes our mind away from what we don't want. I also believe the more thankful we are for the little things, the greater blessings we will receive :)

Erica Faith likes this.