What is the best wealth book???

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Debbiefreckles, Jul 11, 2007.

1. RealEstateGuy

RealEstateGuy New Member

Think and grow rich is Ok. It's limited in is application (At least for me).

My ALL TIME favorite book is.. Og Mandino's - The Greatest Salesman in the world.

It focuses on your daily habits and mindset. I've been reading the book just about everyday for the past 3 years. (I can't believe I let that book sit on my book shelf for 4 years before I picked it up... Major Bummer).

If you haven't checked it out, I strongly consider reading it. It's a very simple read but it's VERY strong.

2. Juvenate

Juvenate New Member

How to get rich

Try 'how to get rich' by Felix Dennis

He pulls no punches and the book has some great messages.
    He's also a really funny chap.

3. speakoutloud

speakoutloud New Member

I think you should read some of Warren Buffet's work or the books he recommends on evaluating companies. I prefer actual how-to books to just inspirational books that get you excited but don't really tell you how economics works.

4. Joshua Cartwright

Joshua Cartwright New Member

I've found Born to Be Rich by Brian Tracey to be really good. Additionally, check out my book on Amazon The Millionaire Silence because it will tell you not only how to generate those big ideas but also the hundreds of others you need to get your goal. And that's what most of us lack - the link steps to get to our goals. I am also reading an e-course called The Millionaire Brain as well. That's quite good. I think attacking the issue from as many perspectives as you can is important.

Joshua

5. Zlatoslava

Zlatoslava StrategicResultsMentor.com

6. Joe Dalio

Joe Dalio New Member

Getting back to the topic of excellent wealth books, I'm a big fan of the oldies but goodies... "The Science of Getting Rich" by Wallace Wattles, and "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill.

If you are seeking more modern books, the two most helpful for me are "Do This Get Rich" by Jim Britt, and "Get Rich Click" by Marc Ostrofsky.

All four of these have helped me in one way or the other.

7. Bo Nardin

Bo Nardin New Member

A very good book by Rhonda Byrne is called The Power. It is like the second part of The Secret. And if you don't like to read, it is even an audio, read by the author herself.

It might sound like cliché but this audio made for me a great change and I regularly listen to the audio because it really puts me on the right track.

http://bonardin.com/2015/01/13/the-power/

8. MIZZA ROSE

MIZZA ROSE warrior

The rules of wealth
    Richard Templar.

9. Chris Desatoff

Chris Desatoff New Member

I Will Teach You To Be Rich by Ramit Sethi. It's not groundbreaking, but at least it gives some specific ideas you can implement right away. Well written and fun to read too. I like how Ramit simplifies a lot of things that people like to complicate.

10. The Outcome

The Outcome New Member

Here's a list of my favourite books on wealth:
    Think and Grow Rich
    The Alchemist
    Rich Dad Poor Dad
    Millionaire Next Door
    Wealth and Poverty of Nations

Books on Investing:

The Intelligent Investor (albeit it being a little dry)
    Security Analysis
    Essays of Warren Buffet
    Common Sense on Mutual Funds
    Common Stock and Uncommon Profits

Books on Business:
    4 Hour Work Week
    7 Habits of Highly Effective People
    How to Win Friends and Influence People
    Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
    The Leader Who Had No Title

These are my favourite books and I have to say Richest Man In Babylon really explains money in the simplest of manners: Let your money work for you. Spend it on assets instead of liabilities, which is similar to Rich Dad Poor Dad. Just my 2 cents worth! Let me know if you need anymore :)