what self help stategies have worked for you?

Discussion in 'The Library' started by saf1, Jul 21, 2008.

1. saf1

saf1 New Member

I have been busy reading self help books the last six moths. I'm really interested in what strategies have worked 4 u guys. :)

2. Go-Getter-Girl

Go-Getter-Girl New Member

Hi Saf1,

To believe in myself, my abilities, my talents and gifts. :)

To believe there will always be opportunities for something better. :thumb:

To always be happy and thankful for what I have and for what is to come. :yup:

3. saf1

saf1 New Member

Where r u vibers

Come on you guys. Don't be selfish. Plz share with everyone on this forum which self help techniques you have used to bring you success.

Just one reply :hopeless:

4. Batman

Batman Dark Knight

Read threads you'll get your answer :thumb:

5. Paul@Pittsburgh

Paul@Pittsburgh Moving on

Read threads and take action :thumb:

6. GR8FL2BME

GR8FL2BME The Bejeweled One

Read threads whilst standing on one foot, then take action. :D

7. saf1

saf1 New Member

thanx u guys

thanx u guys :yippee: :)

8. Paul@Pittsburgh

Paul@Pittsburgh Moving on

You're not meant to tell them the secret ingredient until they make at least 50 posts Dr Jukes :nono:

9. saf1

saf1 New Member

OK, Ill keep on writing posts then. :)

Does this one count :)

10. saf1

saf1 New Member

?

sorry, I forgot the question mark ?

:tiphat:

11. Batman

Batman Dark Knight

yer catching on :thumb:

12. saf1

saf1 New Member

thanx :)

13. Eisho

Eisho New Member

Work harder on yourself than you do on your job - Jim Rohn.

A classic quote and advice well worth starting with.

Also, having a written plan of what I intend to do during a day, reviewing it before sleep and in the morning as soon as I wake up. Focuses the mind and gets me excited about achieving those small steps that cumulatively make all the difference.

Cheers,

Eisho

14. Stoic_Jason

Stoic_Jason Great Member

Writing down goals and reviewing them every day.

Verbalizing goals.

Creating mental images of goals.

Eating fried shrimp.

15. KKPDX

KKPDX Feeling Grateful Everyday

One of my favorites and so true! Do something to work on/improve yourself every single day. Just look at Stephen Covey! It works for him. ;)

Also for me, I have a lot of faith that things are always going to work out fine.

I love being an action taker.

I know that where there is a negative/challenge, there will be a positive/happiness just around the corner.

I believe life is a gift and have a ton of gratitude. We need more gratitude in the world!

I believe it's all about the little things that make the difference for ourselves and others. Even if it's just smiling more! :)

Believe in yourself. Build that confidence higher and higher everyday! You will be amazed at what you can do. :thumb:

Creating a Vision Board has helped me a lot. I've already accomplished quite a few things on it and will continue until I've accomplished everything! It's exciting! :cool:

Hope that helps Saf1. :wave:

Kimberly

16. saf1

saf1 New Member

Thanks you guys :) . I hope more vibers join in. Come on u guys. Where r u hiding? Spill the beans

17. KKPDX

KKPDX Feeling Grateful Everyday

Hey, I gave you some good stuff. Read it again....:lildevil:

:biglaugh:

Kimberly

18. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer New Member

What questions are you asking yourself SAF about self-help and are those empowering questions or disempowering questions?

19. Scooter

Scooter Na Koa Ali'i

Yep, worked for Jim, he is rich. ;)

20. saf1

saf1 New Member

Hi KKPDX
    Plz can u tell me about the vision board technique. What is it that you accomplish by looking at the board? Is it about making your subconscious believe that you can have all the things that r on ur board, or is it about intensifying ur desire to have something, or just setting a goal 4 yourself. I'd love to know:hmm:I saw this on the Secret, I think all the techniques on the documentry r very good, but not for the reasons that were mentioned. I've tried to understand the quantum physics theory, but i find it hard to get my head around. I think visualization, having grattitude, staying positive, not focusing on what u don't want, setting a goal, expecting the best r all good techniques to use for improving the quality of ones life, and all have sound reasons 4 working, and r good techniques to use whether u believe in the LOA or not.

What I have understood about quantum physics is this. All things exist because we think and focus on them, and that if we don't focus on them, they disappear. What i don't get is this. Everyday things are dug up from the ground that nobody has focused on for hundreds, sometimes thousands of years. If the quantum physics theory was correct, they shouldn't exist because nobody focused on them. :hmm:

Anyway, I'd love to know how the vision board works, I've been trying everything on myself. I'm my own lab rat :)