What would you do If you were me ?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by kratos, Apr 2, 2017.

1. kratos

kratos New Member

I'm a master student of engineering at one of the best universities of Iran, I graduated bachelor with remarkable score and have some published papers, I was a total loser before university: A fat, lonely, ignorant, obsessive, and without hope boy. After bachelor i was a thin, well-known, educated and resolute guy.
    But in master degree, with wrong choosing of my supervisor, i'm suffering worry because we didn't get along well with each other (with supervisor), it didn't affect my scores however, but it impairs my progress in master project significantly since supervisors are supposed to support scientific lack of students and he refuses so, as a result i've fallen behind in my project. This affects all aspects of my life these days.

What would you do If you were me ?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  2. 2hSKG

2hSKG Your future self will thank you for your work now

First, I'm sorry that you have fallen behind on your project due the dynamics with your Master Degree supervisor. It's an unfortunate situation, and your feelings are completely logical.

If I were you, I would remember, visualize, feel, and recall what you felt like after you completed your Bachelor's program. It sounds like you were happy and comfortable with who you were. If you can shift your mentality and introduce positive self-love, you might be able to regain your confidence. You have done it before, not because you completed your Bachelor's or because it was easier, but because you are still that same person.

Arguably, you haven't changed much since starting your Master's program. The shift won't happen overnight nor will it happen with one change in routines. I would make small changes and get small wins towards the ultimate goal of returning to your former self. It might take longer than you want, but don't lose sight of your vision! Also, don't aim to return to your former self, aim to be better!

Since your direct supervisor is not being helpful, possibly even detrimental to your progress, I would get help from other areas within your department. I'm sure that there are a multitude of resources available at your disposal. If all else fails, there's the internet: forums, technical blogs, scholarly articles, etc. Unless you are working on something either highly-classified or innovative, someone else has done something similar. Work harder not smarter! Good luck!

kratos likes this.
  3. kratos

kratos New Member

Thank you so much, It IS really helpful, I appreciate

4. kratos

kratos New Member

You are a GOOD guy man; they are rarely seen nowadays.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  5. Sounds like you have accomplished a lot in your life time. That is what you need to hold on to when you are going through this adversity. Remember this is just a small blip on your timeline and you will be able to get passed this like you have before. Embrace this moment and look at it as an opportunity to learn a very valuable lesson. All adversity in life has a great lesson behind it if you choose to see it. If you choose to look at it from a negative stand point then you will not learn the lesson that is being taught and will have a hard time getting past this point. Use that same determination you used to obtain your Bachelors and what got you to your current Masters Program. We all have been put in a situation to which we felt stuck and not so fair. Life is not built that way, you are going to have to push through this till you are able to break through. Hope this helps

Straight Up!

6. kratos

kratos New Member

Thank you friend, I'm working on it.