Health Goals

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health and Wellness' started by KKPDX, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Skya

Skya New Member

Wow, that is awesome! I hate stairs, lol. So far I have lost 12.8 lbs in 5 weeks and I met my monthly goal of 10.8 lbs. :dance:

2. successvibe

successvibe Administrator Staff Member

Cool Kimberly,

I'm down 10 lbs. roughly 1/5 of what I expect to lose.

I've run stairs, I also have had to run bleachers, those are not fun. I was always concerned I'd miss one and break my leg or something.

I've always wanted to get good at jumping rope, it is a great exercise that requires almost nothing and very little space. It also requires coordination lol.

3. KKPDX

KKPDX Feeling Grateful Everyday

I'm impressed! Good for you Skya. You are doing great! :thumb:

You feel should feel super good about that! :)

4. KKPDX

Awesome job Wanderer! :thumb: Oh wow, bleachers are tough! Good for you! Maybe I will tackle that next? lol

5. KKPDX

I will report my latest miles and weight loss on Monday. Getting excited!!! :dance:

There is a local paper interested in our story here at work- my co-workers and I will all be interviewed next week and have our picture taken. It will be all about our latest project- which is health goals. We call it "Stepping It Up." We are already inspiring people! How awesome!! :)

Kimberly

6. KKPDX

I am currently at 36.57 miles walked. So close to the goal! I did my longest walk last Saturday at 3.51 miles. Feel amazing! :dance:

I noticed I am still at a 6 lb loss. I was hoping for more, but I've been eating too many holiday goodies lately! lol :D So, I am cutting back on the goodies this week.....I have 2 upcoming holiday parties and I will be enjoying some goodies at those! :sangrin:

Excited about how good I am feeling and excited to reach my goal! :thumb:

I hope you are all doing well with your goals. :)

7. KKPDX

38.64 miles walked...11.36 to go!!! :thumb:

A walk in the park....literally! :D

8. mleighp1

mleighp1 Well-Known Member

Nice! You will reach your goal before the end of the month! Keep up the momentum!

9. KKPDX

Thanks Meredith! I'm hoping to reach my goal by the end of next week. :)

10. Esuccess

Esuccess New Member

I wanna hit the gym again..but i kinda want to get in better shape before I go......I know....sounds like I'm working backwards.

11. Wanderer

Wanderer Actio infinitus

It sounds like you are concerned about the perception of others. It also sounds like an excuse I've heard for many years teaching martial arts as to why people who really wanted to train never did.

Do you have to earn enough money before you can go to work?

12. KKPDX

Don't let that stop you. I had all kinds of excuses, but once I set a goal -they were out
    the window! I am more focused on the goal and let nothing get in my way to reach it. Maybe you should try setting a goal. :)

13. KKPDX

I have had a small setback...I've been sick this weekend with a bad virus. I did walk 1.51 miles on Friday when I wasn't feeling good. Not so smart, but I am hoping with a lot of rest today, I will be much better tomorrow. And walking by Tuesday or Wednesday. I have less than 10 miles to go. I have no doubt I will reach my 50 miles by Christmas! :thumb:

14. Esuccess

Esuccess New Member

You are a inspiration to us all.....Thanks so much and I hope that you achieve your goal!

15. Esuccess

Esuccess New Member

I use to work out at least 4 times a week, but I decided to take a break and from then I just couldn't really get back into the swing of things...I don't no what it is. It maybe just all in my head but I just find it hard getting back in that groove. I'm I just lazy or maybe I just don't want it bad enough? What is it....and how can I fix this...I miss being in shape...plz HELP!

16. successvibe

In all my time training people, I have learned that when people break their routine, they tend to fill their time with other things. This ends up leaving them with less free time, and then they of course have trouble fitting in the things that they used to do.

I think the one thing that is necessary is to prioritize. Find out what is important to you, and then work on those things. The only other thing I know is just to start doing it whether you want to or not after awhile you will have built up the habit again.

17. successvibe

Hey Kimberly how is it going? Hopefully you are feeling better and almost to your goal.

18. KKPDX

Thanks for asking Wanderer! I had 4 days of being really sick and couldn't go walking. But even after not feeling 100% better, I started walking. (smart... maybe not, but I had a goal to reach!) :D

So today I reached my goal! I've walked a total of 50.78 miles and met my goal before Christmas!!! And I've lost 9 lbs! (extra bonus!) My husband walked with my today on my grand finale walk, a total of 3.51 miles and we ran up 153 stairs!!! In cold and rainy weather. He's my #1 supporter! I'll be honest, it's been challenging walking in bad weather, but determination kept me going. I did not have time for any excuses! You have to throw the excuses out and get er done! :thumb:

So prould of myself! I am feeling really good, have a lot more energy, and proved I can do anything I set my mind to! That's a powerful feeling. :)

Thanks for all the support! I hope everyone is doing great with their goals. Lets keep motivating eachother! This is just the beginning for me.

Kimberly

19. KKPDX

So true! :thumb:

20. KKPDX

If I can walk 50 miles after a long long break from doing absolutely NOTHING, you can totally do it! Don't think for a minute that you can't start back up again. And when you do, you just might be on FIRE! :thumb: