No advertising

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Tom, Jan 2, 2007.

1. MantaRayz

MantaRayz YoUniversally Aligned

Actually Frederick, that comment was not directed specifically at you. Had I wanted to, I would have.

You obviously though out of about 60 active Members, that I singled you out. That was not the case here, but thanks for sharing your thought!

2. KahunaGrande

KahunaGrande Scurvy Elephant

KG style. I like the sound of that. :lildevil:

3. MantaRayz

THAT sounds like an OPENLY BLATENT PROMOTION! :goaway:

4. KahunaGrande

KahunaGrande Scurvy Elephant

Lord I am sorry, please be with the pygmies in Madagascar, amen.

Wait, I did not post a link to www.KahunaGrandeStyle.com, so it should beOK, that and there is no royalty for kicking it KG Style.

Maybe it is more complicated after all. :lildevil:

5. Debbiefreckles

Debbiefreckles New Member

:biglaugh:

6. Aviatrix

Aviatrix Goddess

Right. Now if you had posted that link to www.YoYoYoKtotheGStyle.com then you'd be blatently self-promoting (and we'll have none of that here young man...)

7. Spider

Spider Strictly business

No questions. It just sounds like self-promotion to me. But I'll go with whatever Tom wants us to do.

8. Debbiefreckles

I see what you are saying Spider, and I'm sure Tom will clarify, until then I think basic coaching advice is ok. I know what type of work a lot of people on the boards do, and if they give free advice I see it as a bonus.

9. MantaRayz

as long as it passes pygmy-muster, AND no royalities are passed, I think it's a clear go!

BTW ..... LOVED the comment you have in the "about us" section of www.KahunaGrandeStyle.com! Brilliant!

you DID remember to get the .tv and .org & .biz domains too, dint'cha?

10. Spider

Spider Strictly business

It would appear to conform, Corinne, but the bit I don't like about the PM method is that no-one has the benefit of your wisdom unless they specifically ask for it. And sometimes, one doesn't quite know what to ask.

I think I will post the details as an ad in the Classified section, then reply in generalities and refer to the Classified section for more details. I think that would serve the purpose of not cluttering the forum threads with self-promotion but still have the material available for anyone wanting the extra information. Until Tom decides otherwise, anyway.

11. Debbiefreckles

DARN IT!!!!!!! I can't get the site up on my computer.:mad:

Did you mention me in any articals??????????

Oh...I see...was this a joke?:blush:

:rofl:

12. Spider

Spider Strictly business

It was equally disparaging and unpleasant whether it was directed at me or at someone else.

13. Batman

Batman Dark Knight

OH MY GOSH - How refreshing would that be1 UTOPIA at successvibe - I say we start a new religion around this :thumb:

:worship:

14. MantaRayz

I think You are still missing the point. That post was not directed at any one.

15. MantaRayz

joke? no. are you having troubles accessin ...... oooooohhhhhh! You pro'ly thought it was on the internet? it's actaully on the infernet!

16. Batman

Batman Dark Knight

we can call it

Thx KG

17. Penelope

Penelope New Member

Spider, so I am not the only one ;) I could :kiss: you!

I thought it was a very worthwhile discussion and very good at being specific, especially in light that Tom reiterated a policy with problems in mind.

18. MantaRayz

Thats OK Pen, that post wasn't directed at You either.

19. FAQ

FAQ encyclopaedic synthesist

references in a post to your classified add or to a link in your sig are also self promotion are they not????.

if you want to go beyond giving free information, then you need to use PM's.

what exactly is the problem with saying everything else in the post and then adding a one line PM to the individual concerned(to say "for more info goto....")? UNless your primary purpose was self promotion.

discussing your classified add or new website lay out also seems to be self promotion so that could also be discussed only within the classified section or in PM's.

there!
    does that cover all the 'grey' areas?

love and hugs

FAQ

20. CJS

CJS SeƱora member

I believe FAQ and Kahuna laid it down perfectly. I have been to other forums where they don't even let you put a link in you signature, so I feel SV is lenient in this area.