Success and failure are two sides of the same coin

Discussion in 'About Success, Motivation & Goal Setting' started by 2hSKG, Apr 18, 2017.

1. 2hSKG

2hSKG Your future self will thank you for your work now

In my quest for defining what success means to me, I've been reading a variety of biographies and gathering lessons, strategies and best practices from those who have "made it." One consistent parallel exist highly successful people; they have failed at some point.

However, from this failure, they rose up from the ashes of their destruction and proceeded to keep climbing upwards to the top of the mountain of success. How have you failed in aspects of your life? What did you learn? What advice would you give to others in the same boat?

2. Tendani

Tendani New Member

Every time when i fail, i always learn something from that failure, to me failure is a good teacher because i learn the valuable stuff from it than i could ever learn from success.

If the is no failure in your life, that means you are not even trying to do anything with your life.
    failure is there to redirect us to a different direction.

And don't be afraid to fail, because you are going to fail at something in this life time that you have.

3. 2hSKG

2hSKG Your future self will thank you for your work now

Absolutely agree with you! Failure inevitably leads to progress, if you focus on improvement! Sometimes the fear of failing is more paralyzing than actually failing. But, I'd rather regret failing than regret not ever trying!

4. Michael Williams

Michael Williams Unlock Your Potential

Everybody is hitting the nail on the head. As human failure is the mechanism from which we learn. I wholeheartedly agree with 2hSKG, Failure leads to progress. Without it we will stay the same. As Agent 1 said in The Matrix Movie while he had Morpheus tied to the chair, 'We made the first 5 matrix programs a perfect Utopia for the humans, but the human primitive cerebral cortex (subconscious minds) kept waking up from the program, huge crops were lost. Only when we introduced hate, greed and problems for them to solve did they start to thrive." I remembered that scene most out of all the Matrix movies because it was during a time I was waking up like Neo. Now I am learning to harness the power that Neo discovered.

5. Nathan78

Nathan78 New Member

Success is failure that you have learnt from. What have you learnt?

Mrnace likes this.