What Are You Reading Now?

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Coach Morse, May 24, 2006.

1. GR8FL2BME

GR8FL2BME The Bejeweled One

DANG! :lildevil:

2. cge333

cge333 Member

I know what you mean RE Guy... Back when I was single I got Playboy to read the articles, now that I am married I get it strictly for the photos :BD:

3. RealEstateGuy

RealEstateGuy New Member

HA!! Sounds about right

4. gradyp

gradyp New Member

Just finished reading T Harv Eker's "Secrets of the Millionaire Mind". Pretty good book. Have my nose in a biography on President Grant at the moment.

5. GR8FL2BME

GR8FL2BME The Bejeweled One

I'm reading 3 books right now, but the one I'm most interested in is:

The Hidden Power of Your Past Lives: Revealing Your Encoded Consciousness by Sandra Anne Taylor. I had not heard of this author before, but I like her writing style very much. There's a CD at the end with meditations...so I may come back later and post something I learned about one of my past lives...who knows? :eek:

6. RealEstateGuy

RealEstateGuy New Member

you're talking my language!!!

7. LindaCollins

LindaCollins New Member

Hunger Games - really chatchy

8. Skya

Skya New Member

I just finally finished the Game of Thrones series. Now I'm reading Gardens of the Moon: Book One of The Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Erikson and Second Foundation by Isaac Asimov. Anyone have a Kindle or other e-reader?

9. curbox

curbox New Member

I'm also currently reading the Game of Thrones series (only on the first book, but definitely hooked!) I'm also reading a book called Gifted Hands, by Ben Carsons;
    he's a world famous American brain surgeon... one of the top in his field and the book is about his growing up and overcoming adversity. It's a really good book that I think almost anyone can take something decent from, regardless of age or situation.

10. Wanderer

Wanderer Actio infinitus

Don't get in a hurry to finish game of thrones. I blasted through the series in a month, and then found out the next book isn't supposed to be out till 2015 and the final book is predicted at around 2020. Hopefully he speeds that up.

I've taken the last year to indulge in reading fiction. I knocked out all of the Drizzit books, Game of thrones, Sword of truth series and am finishing up the Chronicles of the Black Company now.

It has been very enlightening to see the different writing styles and will hopefully come in handy while working on my book.

11. David

David Gadzooks!

I am reading a book titled: Willpower, The Integrity of the Soul. I won't call it an interesting book, because I very, very rarely read for entertainment. I'll call it challenging and empowering. The author is a very powerful and inspiring man who accepts that following through on commitments is the only option, and that setting goals making commitments greater than himself is almost like a calling in life.

12. Joanne1216

Joanne1216 Well-Known Member

Fifty Shades of Grey.... I'm actually on the third one, Fifty Shades Freed.

PD books bore me to death :snooze:

13. Scooter

Scooter Na Koa Ali'i

I get it, after about 5 PD books, they all start to sound the same, every one of them asks for action and that pisses me off too. :rofl:
    Seriously though, Fifty Shades :hopeless:

OK, I admit, I read them all and they really were slightly entertaining but totally a chick thing that I just do not understand. Girls say they want a loving caring man yet they are obsessed with a book about a control freak that is into S&M
    There are only two reasons for this:
    1. They lie to themselves about what they want
    2. They are obsessed with the idea of changing a bad-boy into a pussy (Essentially castrate the poor beast)

Me? I am currently reading Book 3 from the Game of Thrones series "A storm of swords"
    Great books if you ask me.
    After book 4 then I have the Hobbit on deck

14. gradyp

gradyp New Member

Well, let's see... Sitting on the desk around me, I have a couple of Spanish books, three or four 3D modeling and rendering books, a digital editing book, and 3 or 4 books on business topics. And that's not including the Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy compendium, the Wattle's compendium of works, or several of the other classics sitting on my Kindle app. :D

Oh, and "What If? Writing Exercises for Fiction Writers". :D

15. Adamantium42

Adamantium42 New Member

Just finished listening to "All Marketers Are Liars (Unabridged)" by Seth Godin.. always find his books really insightful. need to give it a couple more listens though because of the raw amount of new content.

16. Skya

Skya New Member

I am reading Deadhouse Gates: Book Two of The Malazan Book of the Fallen.

17. curbox

curbox New Member

I've got a Kindle and I can honestly say it's my next most used gadget after my phone and laptop. I find it easy to slip into my bag and it makes the half an hour bus ride, stuck in London traffic, to uni each day a whole lot less boring/stressful.

The other thing I like is the pure quantity of books you can have stored, so there will almost definitely be a book that you are in the mood to read regardless of how you are feeling!

I put lecture notes (in PDF format) on it too and although it's good as it doesn't strain eyes as badly as a backlit screen, it's a bit awkward for zooming/flicking through pages quickly... this might be better in the more recent touch screen models.

18. KKPDX

KKPDX Feeling Grateful Everyday

Me too Joanne! :lildevil: I'm only on the first one actually. Pretty steamy so far. :D My hubby bought me the set for my bday.

I feel the same about PD books right now...I think I hit a wall with them! :hopeless: Maybe I read too many and I'm like "enough already!" lol I'm reading lots of Fiction right now.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  19. KKPDX

KKPDX Feeling Grateful Everyday

Hey man, it's just a book! Not that serious...:D I'm reading it for the sex myself. lmao! :biglaugh:

20. Wanderer

Wanderer Actio infinitus

Lately I've been reading the Ender series, In the last couple weeks I've read Ender's Game, Speaker of the Dead, and Xenocide.

There are some interesting things in these books. They are a bit simplistic for my tastes, but at the same time lots of lateral thinking so I'm in favor of that. They are only about 300 or so pages so the are easy to blow through. And It's a good time to read them as the movie is coming out at the end of the year.