What Are You Reading Now?

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Coach Morse, May 24, 2006.

1. cge333

cge333 Member

Reading The Perfect Mile about the quest to break the 4 minute mile. I am around 80-90 pages in and really liking it so far.

2. nishasharma

nishasharma New Member

currently i m reading a news witten by me on journalist people.

3. dougmccoy

dougmccoy New Member

im currently proofreading a book i just written. ;)

4. curbox

curbox New Member

Great book! Roger Bannister is a massive inspiration to me as I do middle distance running (1500m - alright it's not quite a mile; blame metrication for that) and he went to the same secondary school as me.

5. dougmccoy

dougmccoy New Member

im currently reading (proofreading!) a new book i've just finished writing! wooooh

6. Wanderer

Wanderer Actio infinitus

congratulations, do you already have a publisher lined up for it?

7. Hasselstrom

Hasselstrom New Member

I have a few books I'm currently reading and some books just finished:

Currently reading:
    Awaken the Giant Within by Anthony Robbins
    The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale

Just finished:
    How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie

Let me know if anybody want reviews. Awesome books!

8. nishasharma

nishasharma New Member

rite now i am reading Chetan Bagat's nobel...

9. Sam Edge

Sam Edge New Member

I've been reading kindle publishing books by the hand full getting ready to launch my new book. I have found Steve Scotts line to be the best bang for the buck.

10. Hasselstrom

Hasselstrom New Member

Reading two inspiring books at the moment: "Unlimited Power" by Anthony Robbins and "Life without Limits" by Nick Vujicic. I've read both books before but I think they help me to put life in perspective. I have read numerous awesome personal development books. You can find them all here: http://andershasselstrom.com/personal-development/

Have a lovely day,
    Anders Hasselstrøm

11. GoingForward

GoingForward Banned

the intelligent investor

next on my list is Securities analysis

12. DonDoes30

DonDoes30 New Member

Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. Make sure you get the unabridged version. Even though it's from 1937, there are a lot of principles about business and marketing that apply today.

13. cge333

cge333 Member

Reading a couple right now...

1. Slaying the Badger- for you long time cycling fans this is about the epic battle at the 1986 Tour de France between Greg Lemond and Bernard Hinault.

2. Nothing to Lose, Everything to Gain- good read and I have definitely pulled out some nuggets to use in my business life.

14. Scooter

Scooter Na Koa Ali'i

Einstein: His Life and Universe by Walter Isaacson
    Pretty amazing book. Walter Isaacson nailed the Jobs Biography and Einsten is just as good.

15. DonDoes30

DonDoes30 New Member

16. Hasselstrom

Hasselstrom New Member

Good book suggestions coming up here. I have finished both "Unlimited Power" and "Life without Limits" since I posted in here last time. Inspiring books I would only recommend. I made a more comprehensive list after having seen the demand for it and posted it here: http://andershasselstrom.com/inspirational-books-to-read/

I made a combination of the best happiness books, inspirational books, personal development books and motivational books. As all of you already know there are thousands of awesome books out there. However, I tried to emphasize a few here :eek:)

Best,
    Anders

17. Scooter

Scooter Na Koa Ali'i

Here are a couple I just finished for you business heads that I found wonderful
    The Personal MBA It is a really great book and the web site is a wealth of information. Skip your 100K MBA and read this
    The Pumpkin Plan Another really good book that gives you a different perspective on growing or starting businesses. Again, the web site is a good resource.
    I just love how these authors are turning out books that are backed by resources. It makes the book all that much more valuable

Something I am doing is broadening my scope. Most my reading is in the form of listening. Time is too valuable and I drive a lot. Lately I am doing Biographies of people, companies and business practices like project management and strategy planning. I get more out of these type of books like Jack Welch Winning or It's not about the Bike than some other PD spin on Think and grow rich.

18. KarenMason

KarenMason New Member

Currently reading 3 books: 1 (fiction) Cities of the Plain by Cormac McCarthy... 2 (goal setting) Reawaken The Giant Within by Tony Robins... and 3 (allegory) The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
    (what is everyone's favorite goal setting / achievement book ?)

19. LChang

LChang New Member

I'm currently reading Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen. It's not a motivational book. It just provides a straightforward system to help you get "time clutter" under total control.

20. slingingshot15

slingingshot15 New Member

I just finished reading Heaven by Greg Laurie and Now I am looking at another book to get my hands on