What is the best wealth book???

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Debbiefreckles, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Paul@Pittsburgh

Paul@Pittsburgh Moving on

Debbie,

Just to go back to the original thread question....

I've done a 7.5 hr drive today and head back after a training course tomorrow/Sat and I am using the time to listen to the audio book version of Start Late and Finish Rich by David Bach. I am half way through and its been really great stuff so far, covering lots of different areas of investment. I know from your other threads that you have a lot of basic questions (like me) regarding investments etc and the author covers many of these and a lot more besides. I highly recommend this book and I suspect some of his other books are good too.

Paul

2. Cat Lover

Cat Lover Writer of my life story

I agree with Paul, Start Late, Finish Rich is a good book! I have it too, only I haven't read it all the way through yet. Now that I have new reading glasses, I can get back to the books I was reading before though.

I'd also like to say, you have a LOT of TRANSFERABLE SKILLS. Your skills, you can put to use in ANY industry! Go for it girl....

I'd also suggest you read One Minute Millionaire, if you haven't already. The story part of that book, shows how the character turned around a bad situation and made it work. We all read stories like this all the time... yet we can't imagine breaking out of the box and doing that ourselves. Although we all have the ability to do just that! POKR and the rest here have given you some great advice! It sounds to me, as if your soul is screamin out "Set me free, I want to do what I love" Just aim high and GO FOR IT. With your skills, you have every right, every option open to you. Pick one and go for it!! :yippee:

3. Debbiefreckles

Debbiefreckles New Member

Yes I got it

I really appreciate all the info I got on this thread. I will have to "pay it forward" and help some one once I get the concepts down and read the books reccomended.

Thanks for the replies you guys are the best:kiss:

4. Auswithspirit

Auswithspirit FIREWALKER

I still like
    Money Secrets of the Rich by John R Burley

5. Adam

Adam New Member

Do you feel you're a good communicator? I would suggest buying a copy of "Speak and grow rich" by Dottie Walters. Join http://www.toastmasters.organd learn all you can from these helpful, knowedgable people. Take a year or so and just do some sales job.

So, to sum up:

1.) Buy 'Speak and Grow Rich' by Dottie Walters

2.) Join Toastmasters

3.) Take some decent paying sales job to hold you over for a year

4.) Follow advice in the book 'speak and grow rich'.

5.) Retire

6. kosta72

kosta72 New Member

Hi Adam, can you give us an overview of the book Speak and Grow Rich?

7. Adam

Adam New Member

Speak and grow rich is endorsed by Jack Canfield, Brian Tracy, Victor Hansen, Art Linkletter, Jeff Slutsky, and the forward is written by none other than Earl Nightingale. This book teaches you how to speak with power and influence, market your products, find your audience, and how to become famous.

The chapters are:

1.) Welcome to the World of Professional Speaking

2.) Sources of Income for Professional Speakers

3.) Targeting Marketable Topics and Titles

4.) From Free to Shining Fee: Getting Bookings That Pay

5.) Become the Expert and Leading Authority

6.) Marketing Tools for the Speaking Trade

7.) High-Profit Public Seminars

8.) Virtual Seminars: Correspondence School to Net Classrooms

9.) Speaker Products: Triple Your Income

10.) Becoming Famous: Promotion Strategies with Buyers, Bureaus, and the Press

11.) The Advantages of Working with Speakers' Bureaus and Agents

12.) Setting Up Your Business Headquarters

8. successimmersion

successimmersion New Member

Richest Man in Babylon

I would agree that this one book is probably the best I've ever read.

9. Stoic_Jason

Stoic_Jason Great Member

Robert Allen wrote a book called "Creating Wealth". I think that might have been where I first heard the term "guns and butter" in relation to personal finance.

Charles Givens wrote "Wealth Without Risk" and "Financial Self-Defense" which deal with goal-setting and developing a sound financial blueprint. They're more about being financially astute, finding where you're wasting money, and investing that money for long-term wealth creation.

And then, most importantly I think, there are the books that deal with the subject of creating/fostering the BELIEFS AND FEELINGS that will get you to implement wealth-creating strategies- books like "Awaken The Giant Within" and "Unlimited Power".

10. stayfly

stayfly New Member

I recomend;

1. Rich Dad, Poor Dad

and

2. Your Money Or Your Life

11. jharrington

jharrington New Member

I think most answers to this question would come in the form of "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill, but I like to offer something else -

"The Power of Concentration" by Theron Q Dumont -

it's a repetitive read filled with tedious exercises at the end, but what it instills in you when you are complete is something more valuable than I ever anticipated when I picked it up.

I have the ability to focus and manage my attention today moreso than I ever had before - and at one point I considered seeking treatment for ADHD. It's a good read - so long as you are consistent with it and are diligent in completing the exercises and internalizing the material.

Best of luck in all your life ~ :cool:

12. kosta72

kosta72 New Member

For inspiration Gene Simmons' Sex Money Kiss, was pretty good.

For practical advice, The 5 Rituals of Wealth by Tod Barnhart had some great ideas.

13. Debbiefreckles

Books I am reading on wealth now...

Bob Doyle (from the secret) said he was inspired by the book A Pocket full of happy money. I have not read this yet but I intend to get it.

So, Who Want's To Be A Millionaire.

The Science of getting Rich. ( I have the audio, but the paperback book is abriged in more up to date language.)

14. Hypnot

Hypnot New Member

Robert T. Kiyosaki's book Rich Dad Poor Dad was the best book I read on wealth.

15. Debbiefreckles

Great post! I will check out this book.

16. thomas.wai

thomas.wai New Member

Toastmaster is a great place for one to learn about communication and presentation.

I joined the club 7 years ago and have been actively engaged in some of their activities.

There is usually a club near the place you stay or study.

Good luck!

17. ShawnLim

ShawnLim New Member

This book is good to open your mind about wealth. But it is a 'why' book more
    than a 'how' book.

If you are really into building wealth, read Adam Khoo's Secrets of Self-Made
    Millionaires or Robert Allen's The One Minute Millionaire.

18. tim333

tim333 New Member

How to Get Rich by Felix Dennis is pretty good.

It's unusual in that it's written by someone who actually got rich in magazine publishing rather than a self help guru. At least he made several hundred million before writing the book and even managed to spend about $100m on coke and hookers before reforming!

19. slingingshot15

slingingshot15 New Member

great books and i must add richest man in babylon is a must read

20. Porphyos

Porphyos New Member

The books recommended here are mostly about the mindset. Have you considered using a book that actually tells you how to pick stocks or choose properties etc to help you invest money wisely?